What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

A Digitone MKII is already planned.
With LCD screen! :thup:
(opposite to AH MKII :wink:)

MKII is not a style. It’s a habit. :content:
AK MKII?

1 Like

The Rytm has a Bit Reduction feature for the sample part, yes. (not for the analog drums, because this would mean to leave the analog signal path)

2 Likes

A Digisomething that’s Wavetable and VA :pray:

5 Likes

I think wavetable synthesis is too hot right now for Elektron to pass up. Serum is probably the most popular synth vst amongst producers unless I’m mistaken. I can see them doing a “digiwave” or something, though my heart wants a wavetable dedicated box with the depth of a MnM… Which already has great wavetable features as far as I’m concerned.

Basically if Elektron could make Serum in a box I’d buy it lol.

10 Likes

Decavoltagetrack

A ten track octatrack with cv out and recordable cv in with jacks for expansion headers for more I/0.

Also with overbridge with routing for cv to reaktor, vcv rack, softie modular, max map etc…

1 Like

That’s what I came here to suggest. I have been looking into buying an effects processor like the Eventide H9 or their “Factor” effects but I’m just not sure it will do everything I need.

An Elektron Effects processor like the one you suggest here would be incredibly useful for performing and jamming.
It should definitely also have pitch and reverse delays and maybe some granular FX. And of course compressor and distortion/degrade too. The fader from OT would be very fitting.

Otherwise a “Digiwave” wavetable synth would have my greatest interest.

3 Likes

Cool idea. It’s a shame that the fader concept never migrated over to the other machines, because assigning macros by holding the scene buttons is so much quicker and easier than browsing a big list.

3 Likes

Machinedrum MK3 with Sonic Charge Microtonic Drumsynthengine in Digitakt Format!

7 Likes

I hope they bring back recorder trig resampling in their future gear.
I wish all of their gear had it tbh.

UW style resampling on their synths would be sick.

3 Likes

What if Elektron put out a sampler or synth that had a dedicated send return pair that could be used for aux routing or insert routing, allowing the user to bring their own effects chain into the fold?

That little bit of mixer-like functionality would be massive, IMHO.

2 Likes

Octa, a4, and Ar can all do this With single voices

And with the OT, to do so, requires you to give up a channel and/or use up the Cue I/O. This fails to meet the requirements of a dedicated aux send return pair that can also be configured as an insert.

say what?

Is this truth? If so, I may wait to get a DO.

quite clearly joking, with the screen downgrade for the mkii update, and all the winking emojis.

2 Likes

Are apple going to release a new iPhone?

Again, maybe I should learn to pay attention better. Haha

I want an Hexatrack with included synth engines and all features of octatrack. Some more analog outputs would be cool, and maybe a third stereo input.

A configurable layout i.e. macro sets like on analog 4 combined with Xfader scenes.

The hexatrack should have two screens, one for parameters, one for monitoring and visual feedback.

Maybe make sub slot interface cards for additional analog /digital voices or effect processors.
No Internet connection for the device.

4 Likes

Recently i was messing around with the AH’s envelope-follower and used it to tame lower frequencies with the filter, based on certain parameters

Maybe they could release some sort of good sounding dynamic EQ in a box with four fully parametric curves and a high-and lowpass/shelf filter … configurable with a nice intense modulation-matrix

2 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat:
8 ins, 8 outs, you got your mixer.

3 Likes