What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

Something portable. I doubt it would be a sampler, but I really want a portable octatrack without needing to purchase a separate battery.

Nerdseq.

I didnā€™t knew that module. I just read the specifications. It would be possible if you got the expansion module for the 5pin-MIDI in and output. Because the OT canā€™t send or receive MIDI over USB, which is a shame.
They even show a setup example with a DT.
I have to do more research, but thanks you very much, this could be a easy solution.

An overbridge enabled performance mixer with effects, analog inputs and usb inputs for overbridge enabled devices. Give it a sequencer for the effects with different and controlling other hardware.

Wavetable synth would be cool too.

5 Likes

A novation SL mk3, but with elektron sequencer and overbridge? :smiley:

1 Like

Would ultimately like them to refresh their Machinedrum.
With a price point the same along the lines of DT & DN.
The Rtym mk2 price is a bit up there, for me at least so a 700 usd Machinedrum would be a nice alternative.
But not sure how many of the features would over lap with the DT.
Or is the DT very similar to the Machinedrum, as I never used one.
Anyone know if the Rtym has a bit-rate reduction like the Machinedrum?

1 Like

The Analog Heat is killing it. So I would like to see a multi effect unit like the Eventide H9 Max. But then in a Elektron Style with a sequencer and P-Locks and trig conditions.

5 Likes

DT and MD are two different animals. One is a sampler you can use as a drum machine, the other is a drum machine you can use as a sampler if you have the UW version.

Even though you can affect the tuning and ADSR of the filter/amp on your drum samples on the DT, itā€™s nothing compared to actual drum synthesis in play on the MD. Thereā€™s something about playing with the actual created, ITB drum sound that yields many more possibilities than just messing with a sample.

Machinedrums are pretty cheap these days. A MkII UW will cost you a fair bit, but I got a MkI non-UW for $500 (in the US). While a brand spanking new MD thatā€™s revamped to modern Elektron standards sounds super rad and I would totally get one, shelling out for a MD now is worth it :wink:

1 Like

You would thing a modern digital drum machine would have to be on the cards.
I would like to see a wavetable synth with a physical modelling engine thrown in also.
Nothing analog thanks, except maybe filters

6 Likes

with how good the filters and overdrive sound in the DT and DN, just keep it digital!

1 Like

The only advantage of analog filters imo is for audio rate modulation.
Analog filter FM from an oscillator is the one thing I havenā€™t heard done as well digitally

2 Likes

Digital FM synths donā€™t use filters. That I can think of.

n.

filter FM via CV on the System-1m is pretty great, I really canā€™t tell its not analog the way it behavesā€¦ maybe if you pushed the filter all the way closed and had resonance at max and played a note 6 octaves up you could tell though I never done that so I couldnā€™t tell you if it sounds like an analog at that point or not. Reminds me I really should get that System 100 plug out one of these days. That said its a lot easier to not mess up using an analog filter it seems.

1 Like

Monophonic bass (analog-digital hybrid) monster in Digitone format. Thatā€™s what I would go for.

2 Likes

Instabuy

1 Like

Extension synth module for the OT, very compact, 10 knobs or more.

Bike mount double stand. Future best seller, as Elektron users are getting oldā€¦they need exercise.

ni

Micromonsta is really good for that. Very light, exactly half OTā€™s width.
Take 2 above OT ! 12 assignable knobs.

16 Likes

Yes. It does sound very nice, until you just that ^
The digital aliasing that occurs has its own quality but gives away its digital roots.

This made my day

1 Like

A MK 2 style Digitone ( individual outs etc.) A digitakt style analogue 4

only new to elektron just love it.

thanks