What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

One of these with the new footprint and layout

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes, love the Black!

1 Like

Yes. A mastering box in the same form factor as the Heat would be amazing. A super refined master compressor, EQ, filters, spatializer and maybe even some useful/creative effects (like tape bassed stuff, LoFi stuff, etc…) would be awesome. Of course, it would have to be all syncable to Elektron pattern changes and MIDI CC commands. Throw in some metering as well.

3 Likes

Hands down a wavetable synth where you can load in custom wavetables, in Digitakt/Digitone form. With enough effects and tools for some serious sound design, plus the good 'ol Elektron sequencing workflow, and that would be a KILLER synth to have.

4 Likes

An upgrade of the Octatrack (perhaps new product with new name) has to be in their plans… the Mk II is basically a Mk I with new enclosure.

6 Likes

With a sequencer onboard for other important duties

1 Like

Octatrack 2 Mk 1
w/ Mixing page, Send/Returns, Crossfader, SD Storage

2 Likes

Since they introduced this new format (AH,DT,DN) and after twiddling around with my setup yesterday, why not make a pure monosynth in this format with:

• 3 OSC’s, with additional digitals on top with wavetables (user-WT?)
  • stereo multimode-filter beyond the usual suspects
  • distortion/overdrive-circuit
  • basic EQ
  • sequencer as usual
  • 4 LFO’s
  • 2 envelopes
  • 4 FX (phaser/flanger/chorus/delay)
1 Like

Not very ambitious! :slight_smile:
OT 1 has all that or similar already.

1 Like

Honestly as time goes on Id like to see a range of modular modules from them. P-lock capable CV sequencer to start with.

Its called the analog4 lol jk dont hurt me

3 Likes

Viditakt, video synthesis. Don’t know beans about how to do it but I’d snap one up made by Elektron in a quick minute

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they make one with AH / DT / DN form factor.

2 Likes

+1

Hex=6, right? So, only six tracks? I like the sentiment, though :smile:

In another thread about a year ago, I posted that I figured Elektron would be eventually coming out with their Dodecatrack: 12 track sampler, same size as analogue mkIIs, analog filters, updated fx, keep the crossfader, pre-fx muting, etc. So, probably not what Elektron will do next, but to me it seems likely something like a true advancement of the OT is eventually coming. Meanwhile, I loves me my OT mkI :loopy:

1 Like

An 8-track cv/gate box would be really cool.

Or a 8ch (4x stereo) fx box with high quality fx (strymon/eventide quality) combined with the crossfader/sequencer/lfo’s from the OT

I understood 16, as hexadecimal is base 16, but you’re right !
I think @Sternenlicht meant Hexadecatrack !

2 Likes

Ah, that makes more sense :wink:

Sorry, but OB.
What I paid for when buying a DT :wink:

2 Likes