What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

Thanks for the feedback! I will to elaborate the concept and create better looking concept pictures!
I will create a dedicated thread in near future.

Any feedback and ideas are highly appreciated!

5 Likes

Elektron MachineStation

-Combines all three classic Elektron products into one hardware device
-Ability to load Sysex exclusive files from Monomachine, Machinedrum and Sidstation devices
-Crossfader control between classic sound and ā€œenhanced soundā€ with per track and global modulation
-Monomachine style Track configurations with 12 tracks Overbridge supported

I say all this now with my Monomachine packed away to be shipped back to Elektron for repair. Those buttons are fragile Iā€™ve managed to knock loose at least 6šŸ˜ž

1 Like

There needs to be Scenes to select from.
For example on the OT, you select the Scenes from the 16 trigs.

OT mk IƌI with lots of cv outs would be awesome! Or maybe some kind of expander for the patchbay. I understand that modular will always be a niche, but the Octatrack has IMHO the potential to rule the sequencer market for eurorack. Or a dedicated box, just the OT sequencer part and a field of cv ports for 500ā‚¬ Could do already much more as every dedicated Eurorack synth out there. Some additional CV generation tools, LFOs, clock signals etc and it could be as useful as modules that would cost otherwise a few hundred dollar.
Or even better, imagine a Octatrack that has 8 CV Inputs, wich can be recorded and then basically be used like sample on the OT. So much potential!

2 Likes

Oh yes, scenes would be possible on the bigger version of the two modules. The idea is basically to bring/connect the awesome features from the OT into the world of modular.

1 Like

I have a little Soundcraft Notepad with a bunch of FX that I initially turned my nose up at. Last night gave them a proper shot and it turns out the reverbs are quite nice! Kinda satisfying to kill the need for a pedal with zero extra money+footprint.

2 Likes
2 Likes

With two ā€œdigisā€ and one ā€œanalogā€ all in the same Digitakt form factor, I canā€™t help but think that they will make another analog unit in the small black box aesthetic. Maybe a super refined alalog mono (or duo?) synth with analog delay, chorus and a super creamy low end. Maybe tons of cv io to mate with modular gear too. I donā€™t know, just a shot in the darkā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a similar idea but in my mind it would be like an MPC but also have itā€™s own analog drum synths. Basically turning the Rytm into an MPC and being able to sequence multiple other items with it.

1 Like

Elektronā€™s version of a Nord Modular. THAT would be amazing.

12 Likes

Awesome! Thank you very much, thatā€™s exactly what a need!

LMK how it goes if you get it. Iā€™ve been considering an OT oriented modular build because of that module.

1 Like

I will. But i am a complete noob in electronics. I hope i can teach myself how to assemble this module.

You could probably find a builder if youā€™re not comfortable. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ll probably do. I saw one a while ago on Reverb. Really wish I had bought it now.

1 Like

RYTM & Digitakt Combo

1 Like

Nice, but without a Tape Recorder attached, not at least on the Same Level as Tascam or Zoom

A mono synth, done differently

A DJ Mixer with looping function, team up with Allen & Heathā€¦ go go go.

2 Likes

An 8 voice polyphonic (keyboard) sampler with analog filters and sequencer.

It is so frustrating that thereā€™s no modern alternative to the akai s series except ITB software.

3 Likes

A manual for OTmk2 for idiots like me

4 Likes