What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

Euh granular synth with voice synthesis in the Digi form factor would be nice :wink:

In what ways do you see current digi-boxes capable of being expanded?

I ask out of earnestness, as part of the beauty of them is their focused approach- which unlike their previous big boi boxes leaves less room for manifest destiny

Edit:
all I can think of it:
DN- more scales, portamento
DT- being able to process incoming audio in any way
parameter slides on both
OB - 1. Existing, 2. Expanding the limited capability of the boxes, 3. greater ease of midi implementation, 4. offer a kit like structure.

Looks like it’s easier than I thought :smiley:

1 Like

I’d also be interested in a 4 track, OB enabled, stereo sampler in Digitakt form.

Though, it would probably be more feasible to just plan on getting an OT solely for its powerhouseness and storage capability. Anything Elektron made, as far as my request, would probably be built with it’s current storage method which would very much cripple the intention of being able to load that sucker up and dive in later. It works great in the Digitakt- for what it needs to do, but to be built with the storage necessary to make this worthwhile would likely drive prices up massively

When Overbridge is ready that Elektron focus on hardware OS. For example the graphics of the visual feedback from the Digitact/tone on the Analog Four/Rytm mk2. The OS and display are different from the A4/AR mk1’s so it seems to be possible.

On the AR mk2 a digital filter on the sample engine so layering with the analog machine’s would be better. Of course resampling is now also possible but a direct digital filter gives it realtime tweaking.

eurorack sequencer

1 Like

that would make it easy to interface Elektron with the D-Fam in a meaningfully articulated fashion.

I know it’s cropped up in various threads, but what’s everyone’s thoughts or hopes for the next product in the Digi-line form factor?

Personally I’d be tempted by something analog as we’ve already got percussion and digital synthesis covered with the DT and DN. Going with the simpler structure and workflow that the Digi products offer, maybe an analog monosynth, 2 oscs but with the excellent Elektron sequencer. Bang on trend too with the popularity of the Mother 32, Boog D etc.

Digilog anyone?

I would like to see overbridge enabled granular synthesis box with analog filters :sunglasses:.

3 Likes

You mean 1/4 of the voices of the A4 for 1/2 of its price? Sounds like a bad deal …

1 Like

The next box was already announced. Cheaper, smaller, the DIGIPLAY !

David Guetta conception.
Press play and the party begins !

6 Likes

Digikeys

Fair point. Alright, but something analog-y would be cool.

Sounds terrible sorry.
The only analog I ever want to see again is maybe analog filters on the back end of some crazy digital madness maschine.
Digitone is good, but we need the envelope pushed much further still in the digital domain.

1 Like

Some new incarnation of the Monomachine concept in a smaller footprint?

Digitone is too close I think.
I bet on analog.
AnaTakt and AnaTone ?
(Auto censored version)

2 Likes

You’re probably right. It sort of follows Elektron’s history too (ignoring the SidStation):
Percussion/Sampling => Digital Synth => Analog
but maybe that just mirrors what was popular with consumers at the time.

I think they still can improve the granular synthesis capability of the Digitakt. It seems very easy to do.

1 Like

DigiTape - a recorder and mastering environment. Essentially, the porta reinvented.

6 Likes

I don’t think there will be another digi box. I think this is the new duo similar to machinedrum/monomachine and analogfour/analogrytm. I’ve always viewed the sid station and octatrack as outliers

1 Like

Well they went
Sid
MD, mono, monokeys
OT
A4, AR, AnalogKeys
Heat
Digitakt, Digitone…Digikeys

That’s if the keys world / market is still important to them

They did rock up with an Arturia Keystep at NAMM so i think it shows they still aim to appeal to that spectrum

Even if they did something more akin to say the virus keys style, a nice compact unit but one with fully fledged features like slide, song mode, individual outs etc etc