What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

also one of the earlier offsprings of the tone, the mm with its fm capabilities…

I will have a word with the devs at hq and see what I can do.

how about we throw in 2 analog voices too? 1 from the A4 and another one from the AR ?

1 Like

I can see Elektron redoing the Digitone with the extra bells and whistles of their “deluxe” boxes but done in a way that those features are as easily accessible as their digi-machines.

A benefit of the one with keys is being able to sequence directly from the keyboard instead of having to switch to the notes menu. Parameter slide etc.

I’m not seeing significantly more voices, though

2 Likes

Digitone MK2 confirmed… :wink:

3 Likes

I mean, cause it’s a digital synth it could be done, would just need more processing power. The only reason I even suggest it is because if you wanted a 3 note chord on all 4 tracks there isn’t enough voices. Add unison and you get the picture. Just some thoughts. Just got it today and there were some things I immediately noticed. Wishing it had a keyboard was #1. Especially when browsing sounds, I haven’t figured it out yet, but on the a4 you can select banks using the numbered buttons. Because that’s the keyboard on the digitone I’m not sure how to do that yet.

37 or 49 keys with at least 16 voices, preferably 32, and take advantage of the extra real estate with heaps more knobs.
Have it possible to replace at least one operator with a wavetable, with option to roll your own

2 Likes

Maybe a combination of physical modelling with some additional wave shaping options and a 3 band EQ. Like a bunch of intern models that can be routed in different ways. A little bit like the upcoming quantum mixed with some clavia modular magic.
A granular engine that can be send into a resonator, layered with wavetables.
I would love to see Elektron digital synths. Analog Synthesizer are already available in countless variations. I prefer the size of the OT…

2 Likes

i would like to see Swing implemented on all arpeggiators and a cool next-level Transient Designer. On something or other … just realised this is quite vague.

More on topic: maybe a big ol’ 3 Oscillator bass synth - doubled, two sides with a Mix A/B knob in between, 3 Oscillators apiece. With the option to do synchronised slow ratcheting pulse wave synthesis for growly new-style bass textures.

1 Like

I think it will be a wavetable synth. Something like N.I Razor in hardware form.

I thought Razor was an additive synth?

1 Like

Yep it is. I got that wrong.

1 Like

It happens to the best of us.

On occasion, even I

…have known people that have gotten things wrong

3 Likes

Portastudios look so cool and futuristic! definantly looks good next to black elektron gear :slight_smile: want one …

16 voice (arbitrarily assigned) 61-key keyboard version of the DigiTwin combo. (Tone and Takt engines.) With MIDI sequencing channels, and CV/Gate outputs like the A4. Also parameter slides.

That’s it! That’s all I need.

I guess I don’t NEED it… However, it would make me give away/sell all the rest of my gear, as I wouldn’t need anything else. (except my banana modulars, but those are used completely separately anyway)

The slogan on the Elektron site could be “DigitTwin powers, ACTIVATE!!”

Razor in hardware form exists since 1996 namely the Kawai K5000S/R.

… can’t believe it’s already 20 years since I found it on my doorsteps. It still goes strong …

And, yeah, a new additive hardware synth would be really nice, but I don’t think that’s what’s coming next from Elektron.

I want wavetables and FM in the same machine. I want to be able to use wavetables as operators, 6-OP on the FM side, the ability to upload user wavetables, and I want an integrated sequencer and arpeggiator. 8-voice. In the AK form factor.

Hardware sequencer in eurorack form

1 Like

+Drive for Machinedrum and Monomachine MKI units at fair price.

nothin new but this help people to inject some new power and life to older Elektron silverboxes
a reissue Elektron of this old product would be great! :slight_smile:

I keep thinking that I’d like a Monomachine again, but really, if they released another Digi sized box with the SID engine, and by proxy wavetables since the SID is already DDS-style synthesis in the first place, maybe a few of the A4’s filters, and some unique IO, I’d be pretty happy. The SID used tables, so this could be expanded to more modern implementation, but it would be cool if you could still set it to restrict to SID behavior.

Reissue of the Mono though definitely wouldn’t hurt anybody, and I’d probably grab one at some point.

1 Like

I’ve rethought it, and I’d be down for an Elektron DAW/ which is seamlessly integrated with overbridge/machines. The machines act as controllers for the DAW- and further seamless integration with plugins.

2 Likes

Overbride Song Mode

1 Like