What are you creating during quarantine?

Came across some sounds I recorded last year when I was visiting Helsinki. Made this out of it:

3 Likes

Me too. Sample library needed some TLC and Iā€™m deep in it. KonMari+

1 Like

Iā€™m currently on day 23 of 36 Days of Type. A letter (or number) each day for 36 days. This year, I thought Iā€™d create an A/V experiment per day. Iā€™ve used just Model:Cycles to create all the beats except for A, B and C (which were modular jams).

https://www.instagram.com/jamesstiff/

1 Like

This is awesome! How do you sync them? I have also OT + 2xDFAM but have never played them together yet!

2 Likes

Great question! I have a single track with a really short loud noise (I used a kick, changed release time to 0 and hold to some really small value) pushing out of the CUE outs and then 1/4 inch to 1/8th inch adapter for each DFAM ADV/Clock. Next time I am going to pan left and right on the CUE outs with 2 different tracks to have polyrhythms with the DFAMs :slight_smile:

Fun fact I use the trigger outs of the DFAMs as sound sources for 2 additional THRU tracks :upside_down_face:

Also great choice of gear haha. Itā€™s endless fun. Conditional trigs on the loud noise really brings the DFAMs to life too

3 Likes

I started recording like crazy about two weeks ago and have now about 10 new songs that Iā€™m gonna release on my own label in April. The album is called Real Music for Unreal Times: Volume 2 and consists mostly of handpan and reverb from Ableton. Next week Iā€™ll add some sounds with my Lyra-8. Thereā€™s also some dirty warm e-piano from Ableton. Iā€™m still considering recording some acoustic harp and strings, but that depends if I can manage to get my friends in studio during the lockdownā€¦ Pretty excited about this album as it contains some of my best writing and playing to date!

5 Likes

Oh a Lyra-8? You should check out DFAM mind melting thread a few peeps use the Lyra-8 in there. Apparently itā€™s quite the pair with DFAM soundscapesā€¦ And congrats on finding a flow in the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

Nice! I have Doepfer Dark Time at my studio and Iā€™ll probably do the sync with that one. Just before the lockdown I got an empty 60HP Moog Eurorack case that Iā€™m gonna use for Polyend Poly2, which gives me total control over my two DFAMs!

And yeah, Iā€™ve been following the DFAM mind melting thread but I donā€™t think I posted yet! Great stuff! And youā€™re right, Lyra-8 and DFAM make a great combo!

1 Like

Some people on the TV annoyed me, I made some headache techno because of them.

8 Likes

KIN ELL MATE! Bangin that was! You naughty young man!

1 Like

Well I finally got round to making a beat for my guy to rhyme on. Then my wife and kid went to bed early, so I thought Iā€™d treat myself to a good old fashioned bit of a remix of it for my own and you lotā€™s pleasure.

Thanks for listening.

Iā€™m off to listen to John Lennon.

1 Like

You have a digitakt right? Is that in use here? With DFAM and lyra sounds? Doesnt really matter what you did, its bloody brilliant mate

1 Like

Itā€™s just the Digitakt and Digitone. Digitakt is using an amen break and two samples of Gal Gadot turned into the scrapy hihat/snare sounds and a Pantera sample mangled beyond all recognition. The Digitone is playing the kick and hat pattern and the pad sound.
No Lyras or DFAMs were hurt in the making of this headache.

3 Likes

Noice. I thought I could hear the amen in there!

1 Like

donā€™t have energy for much apart from making screwed jpop edits

2 Likes

Blackwater Hardware Ambient. A friend of me had done a whole Album wanted to share with you.

3 Likes

Really dig this, itā€™s gorgeous

Want more!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Who wouldnā€™t want to turn the big knob on the machinedrum?

1 Like

Yeah, my girls love smashing on the buttons, sliders, and rotary knobs. I have to say, ā€œBe gentleā€ constantly, hahah! Honestly that rotary knob is no good. The encoder is all funky, it jumps values like crazy! Been that way since I got it. Maybe I should get it fixed.

2 Likes

I laughed so hard when she started pulling knob caps off the EMU. :rofl:

2 Likes