What are you creating during quarantine?

I’m using the time to finally finish up all the ambient tracks I’ve been working on over the last six months on the Digitone and A4. Gonna be putting out a couple of EPs as soon as they’re ready. These will be my first hardware only releases thanks to Elektron! Very excited :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can work from home without any problems, but I used the time I saved through not commuting to finally master an album I worked on for about two years.
It was mostly done on DT and op-1, then mixed and mangled with the OT and some robot/vocoder singing on top. I’m very proud of it:

7 Likes

Sadly, I had to disassemble my full music setup in order to assemble a home work-space, but I’ve been using that situation as an opportunity to explore the Digitone much more deeply and try to make music just with it (sometimes with a couple of other small synths as well).

I guess it is true what they say about limitations and creativity, it’s been very surprising to discover how much you can get out of just one piece of gear… I wonder if when this is all over I will still be able to justify owning so many gear! :smiley:

6 Likes

Hit record on Sunday night playing the Rev2.
Sounds like it was inspired by Rachmaninovs Isle of the Dead.

More positive note. Found some samples of my dead Minitaur. Loaded them into the 1010 Blackbox. WOOF! Still getting to know the Blackbox (how not to delete everything!) and working toward some MSW you can shake your molecules to.

1 Like

Day 3/? : )

1 Like

Nice work!

2 Likes

Finally got a chance to put my music out there. I used the Aurturia BSP to sequence a Korg Monologue, Er-1, and borrowed MN 0-Coast, along with a few M4L synths like Poli/Kasio. Everything was arranged and mixed in Ableton Live.

1 Like

thanks for the descrip! creative af

1 Like

That sounds like a LoT, though I’m sure your family appreciates it! Hope you can find some time soooon!

Oooooh man wish I could break some beats over this beauty, very well done!!

1 Like

Patiently waiting on the impending DIY opera gloves video! Loved the vibe and tracks!

1 Like

Haha thanks!!!

I’ve been creating parts of my new studio. Built a few desks, made some lights, made cables, wired up patch bays. Also made some more 3d printed stand designs. Finished 4 bass traps too. In progress but I’m making progress. Also finished a wall around my pool equipment (still needs stucco and paint).

Some of this was started before quarantine, but I’m getting it finished now.
I wish I could be more productive :confused:

23 Likes

4/?

1 Like

Magnetic labels for the mixer so they can be re-arranged easily.

26 Likes

Never live streamed before, but I have a feed setup now to jam some stuff. Here’s the link if anybody wants to check it out!

12 Likes

awww your production team is adorable!

4 Likes

Plodding on with Project Sequencer. Some days are three leaps forward, other days feel more like I’m moonwalking. Only getting a few hrs in each evening as and when work allows. I’ll get there.

Digital side is 80% there. Not started prototyping the analogue side but I’m not expecting major hurdles (famous last words). I’ve ‘rationalised’ the controls, I’m still hoping to get all the functionality I want into a Eurorack sized panel for the modular folk. The low parts count idea is rapidly falling out of the window in terms of IC’s… the parts list is growing… a 4017 and a string of pots this isn’t!

When it’s done I’m hoping to offer it as a DIY project with PCBs available for folks to roll their own.

It’s grown a bit since I took this pic.

3 Likes

Not really in quarantine because I still work, but I finally found time to jam with my new Vermona Perfourmer MKII. This machine is so phat. I tested the first mode where each voice is played at each note incoming. I set 1 bar loop from the DT with the 16 trigs. And here is the soup:

7 Likes

I’ve been doing some boring stuff organised my sample library and batch renamed a ton of it so can use on Octatrack and see the name and key/bpm properly…
Pretty tedious but it’s making it so much easier to work with so far…
anything I add will be named the same way first from now…

2 Likes