DFAM mind melting thread

Improvised myself a bit of screwface friendly techno, mostly using the DFAM and a triple delay. Lyra is only used for the pad sound and the Heat is making everything nice and dirty.

Please feel free to share all your DFAM tracks on here for the purposes of group appreciation and for me to steal all your best ideas.

86 Likes

FLRBRFFFFFFFTTTT.

Damn, dude.

8 Likes

DFAM is something else! :tada: Analogue FM is hard to beat…

Sample the DFAM with a high resolution sampler and down pitch 12 semitones. Thank me later

On another note, we should probably start a DFAM mind melting thread haha

8 Likes

Consider it done.

2 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

Back when I owned one. Not really mind melting but it was really fun.
Miss it quite often.

17 Likes

I dig that. What made you sell the DFAM?

Thanks

first and foremost, the same reason as always. When I buy something new, something else has to leave :slight_smile: I follow that rule all the time.
So DFAM was sacrificed when I bought a rytm (which I already sold as well)

Secondly. I loved the sound and immediacy but I found myself doing kind of the same NINish/industrial beats with it. I love NIN and these kind of beats but it felt a bit predictable. So clearly user fault, cause you can do a lot with it, I just didn’t. But it’s great as melodic synth too, I just decided to keep the M32

6 Likes

As a gentle intro I will start with a rather funky one.

Two DFAMs live and a simple drum loop on the OT:

15 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

Also for those of you that have never seen DFAM techno…

This one dude EY on YouTube is all about the DFAM:

22 Likes

isn’t 90% of all youtube DFAM videos about techno? :wink: but sounds great…

This is my favorite video. Not mine unfortunatley :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

That’s fair! I guess what really is techno? Such a broad term now, so either way, you aren’t wrong about the 90%

And yea that tune is awesome! Thanks for sharing

Here is a more funky beat again (just one min):

8 Likes

Sonoclast MAFD (MIDI Adapter for DFAM)

Anyone else see this?

2 Likes

The thing I’ve enjoyed most about the DFAM, especially when paired with the Lyra, is the lack of MIDI slavery.
It is cool that someone’s made this though. It’s always good to have options.

5 Likes

Have not… damn was looking for something similar. Got a beatstep pro instead heh

I really enjoy just having a clock and it’s up to me to squeeze some sweet sounds out.

But using the DFAM as a synth for the first time yesterday is making me consider selling a few synths. Getting some really wild sounds. I’ll upload some examples when I get back from work today. It’s really quite unique

3 Likes

@Fin25 Awesome stuff! That’s seriously tight! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for listening. To be fair, I can’t really take too much credit, playing the DFAM is more of a passenger experience than driving. I was just there when the track happened.

16 Likes

Got the DFAM this week and today was the first time jamming with it.
Synced through the A4 which also takes the DFAMs output. All that is then run thourgh the OT for beats and … stuff, you know the OT :wink:
Had a few atmo-loops on the OT running, but they occupied to much goodness from the DFAM, so the OT was basically just the beat-machine.

It’s trendy 132bpm techno, btw :slight_smile: Enjoy!

25 Likes