What are you creating during quarantine?

Yea it really resonated with me this one.

The comb filter is all that is making the “notes”. There’s a kick drum going into the OT and you can apply FX live on the inputs.

The cross fader set to a pitch range so sliding the crossfader is like playing musical notes. Oddly satisfying!

I actually discovered the comb filter trick with my DT and adding a Comb Filter in Bitwig with overbridge. So yea you could totally use OB for the same!

And walls of noise are needed sometimes. Cleans the palate you know :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This rules! OT comb filter and other fader tricks is such a cool idea to overcome the DFAM’s 8 step limitation. I guess this is what all of you have been chatting about in the DFAM mind melting thread?

1 Like

Yep exactly! Going from dry to wet for a scene and then having another scene with a range is super satisfying. The DFAMs really make the comb filter shine (or two if you tweak em right, the harmonics are worth it if you can gain stage correctly)

Hopefully people with a DT/DN and OB can try it out. Comb filters work great with drum loops or drum sequences in general

2 Likes

i am still currently working, but start vacation at the end of the week and intend on having a 6 to 8 track ep done by the end of my vacation. my newly acquired digitakt is a major source of inspiration and lots of the new material will be digitakt centered!

4 Likes

hahaha, I think all of the people I follow on YouTube have gone a bit less happy in their output as of late, I wonder why…?
The ‘space city/world’ is made in Blender, then put together in HitFilm Pro (could’ve been done in the free light version too, but I picked Pro up when they had a deal one couldn’t resist) with some random photos I have on my drive.

1 Like

I really really like this! Everything sounds great and your girlfriend has a very soothing voice!

2 Likes

Dude, so good. Filling your channel. You’re a great source for inspiration!

1 Like

The field recording was mangled in Cranes on a Norns, then mixed with several free loops and sequenced noises on the Digitakt.

Sampling 70s turkish funk and disco and making beats with the chops

5 Likes

I just can’t figure out why those IG links don’t show properly… How difficult it could be?

Sounds massive

1 Like

I don’t think Instagram allows its images to be embedded on other sites, so you have to go to their site to see the content. Because they’re ****s.

2 Likes

I’ve actually seen people fetching images successfully here…

Great tunes! Nice job!

2 Likes

Nooooicee ! :bomb:

2 Likes

Nice reverse/reload trick! DT is so nifty for things like that. Beat is super chill

1 Like

nice!

1 Like

I’m taking a short break from learning web development and fortunately I’m super productive right now :slight_smile:
3 OT videos last week, three new tracks in the last 3 days (have to mix them still a bit) and I filled up the whole tape of my new OP1 with sketches I really like.
And I’m about to finish an album with my brother I’m working on for a while.
These corona times enhanced quite a lot of anxiety for me, but I’m happy it doesn’t affect my fun with making music.

6 Likes

Not much scope for creativity here.
Working from home as is my wife. We got two kids 1 and 3 now at home fulltime as nurseries are closed. So we got to split working and daycare between us which means we need to make up hours in the evenings. Plus I do wee freelance jobs on the side too and have also promised family some design work done for their new business venture.

Do have a new model SC1000 coming in the next few weeks though :slight_smile: so will make time for that!!!

1 Like

And pancakes!