What are you creating during quarantine?

This makes me wanna find my sewing machine and attempt to make my own. Good job.

1 Like

Finally, the Dalai Lama qualifies for this thread. Notice that it doesnā€™t say that he didnā€™t use an OT.

Iā€™m guessing most people are now back at work or working from home? Iā€™m still furloughed with no end in sight, so been making music and relaxing. Hereā€™s another one I came up with:

1 Like

Iā€™m still furloughed and a 6 mile round trip from the nearest shop.

2 Likes

Still jobless, 4years 2months. Cron is making it that much harder to get hired.

No inspiration to do anything anymore. Creatingā€¦nothing.

I feel the same way too @phaelam sometimes, is dificult because when you are happy and busy you want make music and cant not, but when you gots so much freetime you bored and has no inspiration

sometimes only thing is to exercise

Been working from home and the advantages of that is being close to my Digitakt!

Heres one I finished recently all on Digitakt

Enjoy

Nice track,

What was used to make it?

Will follow on Soundcloud

Thatā€™s all I do. Fit as fuck. Canā€™t golf, canā€™t surf, canā€™t snowboardā€¦too old to skate (I want to so badly tho). Biking is getting a little tedious.

Anywaysā€¦wring thread for this I guess.

I AM creating a fitter casing for my organs.

Dig it!

Iā€™m still not back to work. I started watching the Carnegie-Mellon University database course on Youtube after my old boss recommended it to me. Heā€™s right in that itā€™s helping me learn more about system design even though itā€™s focused on database design. Unfortunately, at about 1 hour per lecture, itā€™s eaten into the time I would have otherwise had available to do something creative.

One upside of being jobless is I donā€™t feel like I have to rush my exercise sessions anymore. Worked for a while on crow pose and now am working towards a handstand pushup.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive responses, and Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who is still furloughed!

I wanted to use my downtime to get fitter (images of Uncle Iroh from Avatar: TLA when heā€™s locked up in isolation and ends up a musclebound beast) but I have a childish aversion to exercise. Iā€™d rather make music or play PS4. I used to do lots of push ups and my arms were more muscular, I donā€™t even bother with those. Maybe one day, hopefully, Iā€™ll find inspiration to exercise.

1 Like

Finding motivation to exercise is a tricky subject, it seems. Thereā€™s someone on Reddit who just asked for help on that.

There was a thread earlier in the week that asked why and how we started exercising. I honestly donā€™t remember why I got started. I just remember my university opening a shiny new gym, then myself trying the gym out of curiosity, and soon after forming a habit of going to the gym regularly. There were attractive fellow students in there, but that wasnā€™t a factor - I surely would have remembered that if it was. I couldnā€™t do even one pullup or one pushup when I was in grade school but that didnā€™t bother me.

At some point, I found a video of BBoy Junior showing off breakdance skills and inserting planche pushups in the middle of his dance routine - maybe not in perfect form by Olympic gymnastic standards, but still impressive and inspiring. So my motivation for exercise comes from wanting to acquire challenging skills like the planche, handstand, front lever, etc.

1 Like

Bollocks. No one is ever too old to skate. Ever.

Broke both ankles twice (one has a plate in it still), both knees blown out/reconstructed, broke both wrists twice, big toe pulled off surfing (it was put back), bone spurs on my spine from hitting a tree, degrading neck from large drops down cliffs onto my head, torn shoulderā€¦I could go on but it hurts :slight_smile:

Snowboarding - the easiest and easy to do damage
Surfing - the hardest, but least painful
Skating - most damaging.

:slight_smile:

Got my own very long list of horror.
Skateboarding.
I still skate, from time to time. Even if its just a cruise along the riverside.
No one is ever too old to skate.

Heh last time I went to ollie manual a curb, I broke my wrist hahaha. Fuuuuu. Eating shit on suck a baby trick got the fear back.
I used to do 15 steps, without a thought. Ollie a garbage can. Now I fear ollie-ing the curb :frowning: That kills the fun. The mind wants to skate, the body inhibits. I still have my Steadam with Street Bones on it. But just rolling doesnā€™t do it anymore. My street skate was stolen, proper popsicle stick with tiny wheels. I canā€™t see myself buying another any time soon. And I ainā€™t settin foot on a street surfer. Thatā€™s not me. No more olliesā€¦just isnā€™t fun to me.

Still plenty of air on snobo and ollies surfin. No pain. Canā€™t wait till we are allowed again.

Some grooves from original track called Knobbers, made by Italian duo Crookers,
were sampled into Octatrack and then Minibrute bass was played on top.
So hereā€™s my little cover jam to this great tune.

Too much isolation has given birth to the DimensionsTomorrow Jazz-Funk Disco Orchestra. :joy:

2 Likes

I basically got back into properly making music with synths again. Been concentrating on guitars for the last few years.

4 Likes

For the first time since February, the bandā€” just two peopleā€” got back together. Masks, distance, and all that.

Over the course of the week, we made three songs through improvisation. All of them involved my recently-acquired Roland MC-707. We explored the looper, sampling, drum pads, scatter, effects, resamplingā€¦ I even used a patch that used ROM sounds. Auxiliary gear also involved a Digitakt and a Volca Beats on one song, then an Electribe ES-1, and finally a V-Synth.

My bandmate relied on his Bass VI and a simple pedalboard (Korg Nu:Tekt OD-S, Electro-Harmonix Superego+, Nux Atlantic, and a Vox AP2CL minamp).

Two of the songs were instrumental, but the third one became a lyrical song. As usual, the lyrics came from cut-ups taken from different literary works. Iā€™d made the stanzas during the summer, and then my bandmate picked what he liked. We created a coherent narrative, then we sang.

All thatā€™s left is the mixing process. Doing that remotely will be a challenge in and of itself.

1 Like