What are you creating during quarantine?

The longest intro to a synthwave song that never started haha.

Great sounds! Sometimes I spend 4 hours on a DFAM patch. I totally understand :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Finally got my backing track arranged for my bandā€™s first track. Just needs matey boy to rap and scream all over it and itā€™s ready for recording properly, which obvs wonā€™t be happening for a while.
Youā€™ll have to imagine the shouting and rapping for yourselves.

The whole thing was done live with the DT, DN and AH.

2 Likes

That is fantastic! Love that you maxed out the contrast between Lo- & Hi-Fidelity. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m currently having bite-sized Techno-Jams with my DT & DN with the rule of deleting every pattern after recording it. That way of playing around really helps against a perfectionist mindset.

4 Likes

It shows the care you put into it. I enjoyed it very much.

ā€œMr Juneā€ on your soundcloud page is also top notch. Really put me in a headspace. Very enveloping.

2 Likes

You are all too kind :slightly_smiling_face:

The idea to mix lofi and hifi elements to create a contrast is one of my phases Iā€™m going through now. It will be eveident in many songs on my next album. To be dirty and dusty and at the same time shiny and polished helps to create that retro-futurist vibe I love.

I have listened to a lot of the things you posted here and I must say that Iā€™m proud to be part of such a vibrant and creative community :slightly_smiling_face:

Love you, lads and lasses! Take care of eachother and stay safe!

10 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s a mix of hardware synths/modular/elektron recorded and arranged in Ableton

lovely! By the way, Iā€™m a UX Writer by profession (currently for Spotify). If youā€™re ever looking for feedback on language for manuals, please do get in touch. Writing helps me learn, so it would benefit me, too : ).

1 Like

I made this:

https://metapop.com/gekkonier/tracks/grimes-you39ll-miss-me-when-i39m-not-around-gekkoniers-osterhasi-mixtur/131063

with this:

3 Likes

Just made an Ableton instrument rack preset that lets me control a Simpler using the OP-Z. Encoders do the same as what they do standalone, only they do it to Ableton.

Just drop it on a track, and youā€™re done. I used a Max for Live midi-map device to Map the encoders, so you donā€™t have to mess with mapping channels. It just works! Including p-locks.

1 Like

Iā€™m finally really trying to do something with Max, using it as a sequencer for my Elektron and other MIDI gear. Itā€™s been the plan for years but I just never feel like sitting down at the home/studio computer and doing it in the evenings after programming all day at work for a living. But now, working at home, itā€™s been a fun thing to tweak on little breaks during the day.

I wanted to do more procedural / performative sequencing, while taking advantage of the great range of synthesis options in Monomachine. I then added Digitone to the mix - first as an effects box.

I set up Monomachineā€™s CD outputs to go into Digitone, used it as effects (reverb) for some of the Monomachine tracks, and route Digitone back into Monomachine which then goes into Analog Heat. But then once Digitone was in the chain the sequencer Max patch wanted to add in some Digitone tracks as well.

Basically, it was a way to curb my desire for Model:Cycles (mostly wanting newer Elektron sequencer tricks for MM/MD style FM synths) and desire for Eurorack digital synth and fancy sequencer modules. I just donā€™t have the time and money to get into that world again - and why would I when Iā€™ve got such great digital synthesis just in MM and DT alone, and can write my own sequencers to start doing the kind of features I want to explore?

4 Likes

I have been working from home for over a month and as much as I enjoy being at my apartment, being inside all day except for the occasional run or walk hasnā€™t made me the most productive. That is slowly starting to change and I am starting to finish some projects Iā€™ve been working on for my next album.

I just released my first song since my last release a year and a half ago, and am glad to have a little momentum to help me finish writing lyrics to the dozens of instrumentals Iā€™m sitting on. This one is more rock oriented, with a bit of The Cure/Future Islands vibe, but Iā€™ll be releasing some more Elektron-heavy music soon.

1 Like
2 Likes

I made another short one:

https://metapop.com/gekkonier/tracks/arty/131313

with this:

Insta embed works like **** so hereā€™s YT link: :wink:

3 Likes

Started a new livestreaming series last night. Producing one of these is more involved than I thought!
The one is a bit of a hypnotic techno banger once it gets going if I do say so myself. Good to enjoy with your favorite relaxing tonic. Sorry for the mild signal noise.

EDIT: can you not embed Facebook Live videos here?

I have started building max4live devices. Just build 4 hardware controllers. Playing with building a 5th in my downtime.

2 Likes

nice!

1 Like

Funky wave form comb filter delay hack soup.

Blackbox and OT:

Only ā€œsamplesā€ are kick/snare/hihat everything else is single cycle or slightly complex waveforms

5 Likes

This. Literally just this.

30 minutes OT liveset. Mainly remixing ā€˜studioā€™ stems.

10 Likes