West London Elektronauts

Alright east London folks, I spoke to RYB and there may well be an opportunity for us to play there… they are looking for local DJs and the like. I told them there might be a few of us that would be interested in doing live electronic performances and they seemed to be into the idea (though they did say “remember it’s a bar, not a club” :cheeky: ) .

If you are interested and in east London (they did say they would prefer people living relatively locally because they’re trying to increase the local crowd that goes there, and obviously people who can bring their mates down is a bonus) then please PM me on here and I will set up a thread or an email group or something and we can see what we can make happen.

Cheers

Really appreciated!
How do you feel about the “bring your mates” thing? Do you think is it very important to them? I’ve been in few bands and I’ve never liked this kind of thing. As musicians we should bring music and not people (we are not PR). I don’t want them to expect us to bring a crowd! :slight_smile:

Apart from that, cool! Let’s talk about this!

1 Like

Ah, no, I’ve done them a disservice there, it wasn’t like they said “we want you to bring your mates down to make up numbers”, it was more that they wanted to bring the place into the local scene a bit by having local acts. The east village is a bit of a funny place because it’s all so new, so even though it’s walking distance from Hackney Wick you don’t really get many people in the bars yet.

these guys had a event in london yesterday .

chip tune evening with lots of acts in a small venue ,… looks like the venue is open to quirky music scenes…

venue

3 Likes

willing to bounce some ideas around, meet up etc…
am based in brixton with access to a full rig (mates rates to hire)

ta
P.

1 Like

I’m in reading, but would enjoy a meet.

Ok cool then, where do we start? :slight_smile:

For all: I’m going to the total refreshment centre in Stoke Newington, live electronic music from 4 to 8.
Cool vibes. Anyone wants to join?

1 Like

I’m gathering a little list of interested parties and then I’ll poll you all for stuff like soundcloud links and how long a set you’d be interested in doing. I’ll be in touch!

Just up front - I don’t think there’s much money on the table. They are offering fifty quid and a bar tab for DJs and I reckon it would be in that ballpark. But for a few of us to get together and have some fun while playing our gear I reckon that would be alright.

Good let’s keep in touch.

I don’t think anyone is trying to make money out of this, so anything is fine.

1 Like

Just moved to Shoreditch from the USA for work. If you want to jam with some machine totally down.

1 Like

We really should sort something out. The bar I was talking to closed down unfortunately.

I’m still living in E20 but just started a new job over in Shepherds Bush so I’m up for meeting either side of town.

Was there ever a meet up?

I’m surprised there aren’t more of this kind of thing going on.

There wasn’t, and we really should do something.

There’s an arts space starting up in my neighbourhood but I’m not sure a bunch of blokes turning up with drum machines is the sort of thing they’re thinking of…

I am quite gutted that Redyellowblue closed, it was a decent space and they were up for it. I will make more of an effort to find somewhere and make something happen. There are a few spots in Hackney Wick that you could have a pretty good meetup in. Or maybe one of the places @re5et mentioned.

2 Likes

Please support this thread - those looking to meet

2 Likes

I just moved to Kingston from Hong Kong so interested in what is going on.

Alright fellow twiddlers. Not sure if this chat has been moved to another part of the forum but I wonder if we could get something started on zoom / house party or some such platform. Have a natter, play some sounds to each other etc. That way we may be in a better place to organise an evening when all this beastly oomska is over… I’m in east london by the way.

2 Likes

“Monty, you terrible unt©!”
I gunna watch that tonight! :+1::nose::v::muscle:

1 Like

Great name for a music collective!

Whereabouts. I’m Leytonstone.