Social / Event Forum Option

Can we add a social / event forum here?

I’m sure there’s loads of stuff going on and many people that’d like to meet / jam / collaborate / form a collective / make friends etc. Seems it’d be much easier to have a dedicated forum than these type of posts being buried in 5 mins by another 100 people asking which Elektron box / synth they should buy.

Please show your support if you’d like to see this.

Strength in numbers!

6 Likes

maybe a “Buying advice” forum would also help.

3 Likes

I like the event idea. I’ve thought about reaching out to put together posts asking if there was any interest in getting an event organized. I feel like the topic would be lost in the stream.

An event would be great! This music hobby of mine is so isolated from the rest of the outside world, it would be nice to socialize with it for a change. I’m in Sacramento Ca area if anybody is out this way.

1 Like

I will tag someone who can assist in creating a sub-forum, they’ll have discretion about doing so and where to put it, but i don’t foresee any issues, seems like a solid idea

Having it in The Lounge area would be preferable to having it in Elektronauts area imho and it’d have the added benefit of thinning out the General Discussion sub-forum

Or stop the need for searching like so
https://www.elektronauts.com/search?expanded=true&q=meet%20%23the-lounge%3Ageneral-discussion

:heavy_plus_sign:

I’m also pointing out for the benefit of the same folk maintaining the sub-forums etc that it has struck me as potentially odd that we have both these when the boundaries between the two get blurred in practice … firstly this …

https://www.elektronauts.com/c/the-lounge/mission-briefs

and this

https://www.elektronauts.com/c/elektronauts/science-lab

I think there was a notion that Mission Briefs were a community version of the Science Lab area which i thought was the official Elektron one

but now that @darenager with assistance from @lyingdalai (because of the thread title) have the OT science lab in there it has muddied the waters and questions the point of having two areas - e.g. it’s now easy to see there are two cowbell challenges

So we either have to stick to the distinction or possibly merge the sub-forums, mission briefs was meant to be for community run projects, i got that specific sub-forum generated for that purpose afaicr

So i’d suggest if nothing else we rename the OT Science Lab to OT mission brief and we’ll move it to Mission Briefs or we have a think behind the scenes about the wisdom of retaining two ostensibly similar areas

Mission briefs is in the Lounge as it’s the less formal area
Science Lab is in Elektronauts area as it’s more formal, originally solely for the Elektron challenges

1 Like

Science Labs was originally a community created thing on the old EU forum, I always though mission briefs was more like a competition where a “winner” is announced and gets to choose the next mission, where labs are more exploratory and for sharing techniques and ideas, with no winner and not so based around deadlines.

4 Likes

You may be right and i may be misremembering , and that makes added sense, but it is still potentially a rather subtle distinction for maintaining the two areas - nothing will happen then until there’s been further input anyway

I’ll create the Social/Event sub-category. I agree there is some confusion with the mission briefs and science lab categories. There hasn’t been a lot of Science Labs going on lately but it’s something we would like to come back to. For now we’ll keep them separated.

4 Likes

Done & merged into new sub-forum @Munro :thup:

5 Likes

Thanks Social/Event sub-category for reminding me of all the cool stuff I’ve missed.

2 Likes

Fantastic thank you!

2 Likes