West London Elektronauts

I started looking for a pub with decent PA to try and organise an “open PA night”, basically and open mic night for electronic artists + a chance to meet.

I’ll keep you posted and create a facebook page once I know more…

That sounds amazing- let us know when you find a venue I’ll try to find one in East London.
I’ve also posted something in General Discussion about playing at Blissfields festival if anyone’s up for playing check it out

Cheers,
Seb

This is not dead yet, I might have an update soon…

I’m in Reading, so near but not quite London.

Lol, just reaised whose thread this was :stuck_out_tongue:

Whatever happened with the IDMF meetups?

Lack of venue, hopefully this will combine both…

The Victoria on Queensbridge Road in East London has a backroom with really good sound - they’re probably booked up most of the time but might be worth a punt.

Hi there. I’m around the Whitechapel area. Really interested in meeting / interacting with likeminded bods…

The Victoria’s a good shout. Think they’re pretty to happy to discuss new ongoing night ideas.

I’m on the opposite side of town and don’t know the Victoria, has anyone been there and know how easy it is to reach?

Failing that, shall we start arranging no-gear pub meetings and see where they go?

It’s a 5 minute walk from Dalston Junction Station.

Mumdance has done a few series of great electronic nights there called Different Circles.

The room+system are perfect for electronic music (dark+loud).

They book pretty far in advance because it’s run by the Jaguar Shoes Collective but it’s worth a try. I’d write a proposal myself but am terrible at that sort of thing.

hi we where chating back in feb…i moved home so have been out of touch…i live in camden london now …would you like to meet up …jam or discuss elekton gear…i need help using the sampler on my machine drum …driving me nuts…

best wishes

carl

i work near camden , would be interested for someone to show me around an octatrack / rytm.
i just havent got into them yet , they sit on my shelf not making noises and bloops.

wayne,

Hey guys. Fairly new to Elektron but my A4 is my hub now. I am slowly in the process of setting up a live electronic only night (ie no Djs, would prefer hardware only but laptops are ok for now) with some friends in Deptford SE London. Will be doing the first one in November. Would be great to get some Elektronauts involved too.

I like the idea of a more ‘tips and tricks’ based meet up too. I live on the canals so I’m all over. Currently Hackney way

I’d be up for getting involved in something like this - I’ve been working on an Octatrack based set that I’d like to start playing out, but don’t really know where to start, so would be great to meet up with others and share knowledge etc. I’m based in Kent so something in South London would be great, so keep me posted about your live electronic thing (i’d been thinking about doing something similar myself)

This is one of my earlier efforts, though I’ve created a complete set now:

Hello Londoners! Anyone up for a pint/jam?

Yes we should really do this… I live east and work central.

Interesting someone mentioned a Jaguar Shoes bar, I live very close to their newest one, RedYellowBlue ( http://www.redyellowblue.co.uk ), and I’ve been thinking it would be a good spot for a small electronic night. I’ve seen them have DJs in there and so on (I actually think they had a how-to-DJ thing in there or something).

I could ask them. If it means they get a few people in and drinking they might be up for it. Though I don’t know if they’d want it to be hired rather than open.

I live in east as well.

The place looks cool, so yeah ask them about having a live set there. I’m pretty sure we can find other performers to join us. We could put together a playlist of our music to give them an idea of what we do.
Have you been there for an event in the evening?

By the way, this is what I’m doing now:
https://soundcloud.com/mimmomarfz/sets/analog-jam-sessions

Cheers
Mimmo

2 Likes

Nice, yeah I’ll pop my head in and ask when I get a chance.