West London Elektronauts

Just moved to Shoreditch from the USA for work. If you want to jam with some machine totally down.

1 Like

We really should sort something out. The bar I was talking to closed down unfortunately.

I’m still living in E20 but just started a new job over in Shepherds Bush so I’m up for meeting either side of town.

Was there ever a meet up?

I’m surprised there aren’t more of this kind of thing going on.

There wasn’t, and we really should do something.

There’s an arts space starting up in my neighbourhood but I’m not sure a bunch of blokes turning up with drum machines is the sort of thing they’re thinking of…

I am quite gutted that Redyellowblue closed, it was a decent space and they were up for it. I will make more of an effort to find somewhere and make something happen. There are a few spots in Hackney Wick that you could have a pretty good meetup in. Or maybe one of the places @re5et mentioned.

2 Likes

Please support this thread - those looking to meet

2 Likes

I just moved to Kingston from Hong Kong so interested in what is going on.

Alright fellow twiddlers. Not sure if this chat has been moved to another part of the forum but I wonder if we could get something started on zoom / house party or some such platform. Have a natter, play some sounds to each other etc. That way we may be in a better place to organise an evening when all this beastly oomska is over… I’m in east london by the way.

2 Likes

“Monty, you terrible unt©!”
I gunna watch that tonight! :+1::nose::v::muscle:

1 Like

Great name for a music collective!

Whereabouts. I’m Leytonstone.

I’m up for it… I’m in Stratford. E20.

Cool beans! I’m in Whitechapel. Stratford and Leyton… we’ve probably angrily pushed past each other in Westfield at one time or another.

1 Like

Missing my occasional Burrito from Westfield these days.

By the way I bumped into ‘A Guy Called Gerald’ in Westfield Stratford.

Nice. Was he surprised you recognised him???

Absolutely freaked out. I’ve never in my life asked someone if I could take a selfie with them but I did with him and it was horribly awkward for both of us.

1 Like

Ha! I once cornered peter Beardsley in Oxford st top man and got a photo. He was typically non plussed.

2 Likes

Anyone got any ideas of optimal platform for group chat and music playing? House party’s pretty solid but something where we can actually stream audio signal would be handy…

I love using discord for group chats and streaming video. And many other groups use it too.

I’m In east London, Stratford. Would love to meet-up when things are back to normal or online chat about music with other fellow Londoners

1 Like