We're actually on a desert island for real now

Yamaha Montage

To be honest, I’ve barely touched reaktor since i got it a few years back as I’m kinda lazy - but if the sound quality is as good as i remember, I’ll prolly end up using it to replace sounds for alot of the stuff done with reason’s synths.

Sound quality is amazing! It blows away Reason definitely- but together in Logic or Live it is a perfect combo

1 Like

Ever run reaktor inside reason? Directly passing in cv & gate seems like it could be a real winner compared to having to build extra sequencers & mod sources.

bought Sarcasm as a souvenir for my gf and never read it frankly. i think it’s time.
i know what you mean, i’ve got tons of recordings of 0coast noodling and none of them made it to a track yet. so with this setup it’s not even the point, i just want to learn OT better

1 Like

I’ve never seriously answered this question because I always figured you could have more than one item.

Now that I think of it, I would probably be happy with just a computer which had Ableton Live and Max/MSP. A controller would be nice but I could probably master the keyboard and mousepad as an instrument in a pinch. At least then I’d be able to keep making new instruments, fx, and tools to use. If I had an Arduino and a box of sensors washed up on shore I could make input devices from nature.

4 Likes

Just a friendly reminder about the thread

Yes even inside Reason -

This is the first piece of hardware I started with

And it’s still where I turn when I want to get shit done! It’s where my muscle memory shines the most and is still the most versatile and complete piece of hardware I own.

There are some minor constraints but it can do anything I need. I can literally make a full production to a mastered wav file on it.

As long as I can sample I’d be happy with just this(says the guy with many other pieces of gear who almost sold his MV for pennies but for the lack of demand)

12 Likes

I’m right there with you. you should try a Korg Polysix with some nice delays/reverbs after it. similar feelings.

1 Like

Yeah, let the home schooling begin right. I surfed through synths for a few years figuring out what I liked and never liked using my computer for composing and got the OT so I could throw all of my random noodles on it after learning the DT.

1 Like

Digitone and Machinedrum UW Mk2. I just love the sound and compositions I can get from just these two devices. Call me an Elektron fan boi. :grin:

2 Likes

Lots of ways to pipe those into one another, you’re set! Just add bourbon, or I guess rum because island.

Do you use anything to process your MD?

I ask because the Kush Reddi plug with MD kicks has become my favorite kick combo lately.

1 Like

The Kush Audio Plug-ins are so FANTASTIC!

1 Like

Yea. The reddi and omega are the best deals in DSP if you ask me.

They make things sing and don’t break your wallet.

1 Like

My go to quarantine couch device has been the Tanzbär 2. Man that thing sounds so awesome. I need to get off the couch and run it thru the Digitone already.
Also in rotation are the Model: Cycles, MC-101, OP-1, Blackbox and Deluge.

UPDATE: Finally ran audio from Tanzbär 2 into the digitone. Holy crap it’s fun, half the time I didn’t even have a sequence playing on the DN just using it as a fancy mixer w/ efx for the tanz.

Strymon Deco for a few months now. Rolls off the highs a bit. Saturates everything nicely, everything except the kick. I’m running that seperate now. Maybe I’ll get Kush Reddi for the kick.

1 Like

Give it a demo. It’s magic on low end.

I was fortunate to own the hardware tube box about 14 years ago.
Never put a kick through it, sadly.

1 Like

Been fiddling around with the Model Cycles into the OP-1 for master fx lately.

I just might stick to that as my island survival backpack combo for now :wink:

1 Like

Lol how typical!

The question was about “one” (1) instrument but it always turns into a roll of lists of 74 instruments :joy:

1 Like

Another OB 6 lover here. Beautiful sweet spot in a box. Today Ive mainly been firing my modular into my OT flex recorders, and sampling, resampling bringing in the AR…so again, the common denominator is the OT…I don’t know what I did before I got my second octatrack…