We need a new, post-song mode Elektron Conspiracy theory

They want us to think that they are adding updates and features to their boxes to appeal to more musicians so they can continue to be a successful business. But the truth is that they are also making wafers from the flesh of dead musicians as an addictive snack. Soylent Trigs.

2 Likes

My conspiracy theory: Song mode is flawed on arrival.

Why? “Note that several patterns may use the same kit. Changes you make to the kit while editing one of the patterns will directly affect how the other patterns sound as well.”

If you link 2 patterns together in song to make a 128-step bassline, when the song loops back around, you will have two different sounding patterns - if you tweaked any of the parameters as the song played back that is.

In short, one must keep the Octatrack around for Song Mode.

Am I wrong? Does this ACTUALLY happen in the new Song Mode?

(That quote was taken from the A4 MKII’s manual - pg.23 - because kits are handled the same way in the newer machines.)

Cool. song mode. Another digitone firmware update I can ignore.

Conspiracy: once you’ve had 4 doses of pfizer covid vaccine, the 5g chip comes online, along with the bluetooth Boss distortion pedal. And Jingo- your digitone now has an extra distortion, and multiplayer pacman game if you press FUNC + Twat.

Song mode :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Mutable Instruments Plaits or Braids open source oscillator as machine type for all machines

2 Likes

Song mode is a smoke screen covering the fact that Uli bought a 100% share of Elektron yesterday.

3 Likes

1 Like

It’s clear to me
The next conspiracy is…

Still Song Mode
They clearly kept this feature from us until now, but had always planned to add it. The button even has three dots on it. They just waited until they sold enough syntakts

(Full transparency I stole this from someone on the other thread, but in all fairness I think they weren’t being completely sarcastic :grimacing: so I own the joke version)

2 Likes

The final boss for elektron is CSOUND mode.

Load up the CSOUND firmware for your Elektron device - upload your orchestra and score files via MIDI and away you go.

2 Likes

It’s right in front of us.

Ricky used to work for Novation. He is now “from Elektron”.
8 letters in each brand name. 3 “n”, 3 “o”, 2 “t”.
Novation and Elektron will release “nnnooott”: 8 input/output mixer/soundcard. All their current synth lines will nnnooott work until you buy it and plug them in.

That’s so obvious.

8 Likes

What? There’s Song mode now?

I guess everyone at Elektron got sick of waiting for their Cirklon.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that “Song Mode” rhymes with “Mud Flood”.

Summary

The Simulation!

1 Like

Conspiracy? Can’t say, but I would bet the gripes will start flowing in about the Digi work flow being pattern based and how it suddenly doesn’t flow now that pattern changes suddenly JUMP in song mode.
Just a guess

1 Like

Bong mode, a new type of percussive synthesis and sequencing

1 Like

Focusrite has bought Elektron that’s why Ricky is now demoing their stuff.

Next’s device will be the Model Circuit Tracks and Rhythm (with H) and song mode will come to the Mininova

3 Likes

Whoa, no need to drag Zuse into this.

Fair enough to a point. Not a nonce but a Nazi sympathiser and receiver of Nazi money for his endeavours. So yeah I dragged him into this.

how many slices would you like…

I’m not sure how to survive this post song mode world…

Do you realise how long this will take? Decades of forum searching wouldn’t even scratch the surface.

3 Likes

I think that Paul McCartney has bought Elektron and has been harassing the company about Songks.
Now if you start using this mode you will be waking up in the middle of the night screaming, bathing in sweat with a high pulse, with an earworm that goes; ‘Scrambled Eggs’. You will ask around; ‘Does this song already excist?’ and they will reply; ‘Yeah, that’s Paul’s’.
Then Paul’s work is finally done.

5 Likes