We need a new, post-song mode Elektron Conspiracy theory

I’m going to miss all the chat about how no song mode is basically an illuminati plot to sell more Octatracks.

We need a new conspiracy.

Go.

39 Likes

Maybe the song mode is an evil plot to try to make us make music.
It’s pretty dark when you stop to think about it.

48 Likes

Clearly, the fact that every single box doesn’t have a (stereo) sampler is the next crime against humanity they have to account for

12 Likes

I don’t have time to stop and think, I’m too busy manually changing patterns.

13 Likes

Yeah, I still can’t believe the Digitone isn’t actually a sampler.

11 Likes

That’s exactly what they want, hmm hold on…

is overbridge subscription still on the menu?

5 Likes

Syntakt was an emergency release to distract from Handlegate hence the recycled IP and hardware. Originally would have had all new machines (like Bits and Toy) but the Handles bad press expedited the need for a product, hence Cycles and Rytm machines and Digi components

9 Likes

Octatrack MK IV

5 Likes

Jimmy Saville is the original founder of Elektron. He’s currently residing in South America somewhere, designing the DigiNonce, with Konrad Zuse.

7 Likes

I can’t go into details here ( you never know who’s reading) but I can tell you the real conspiracy has nothing to do with songs mode- it’s all a diversion.

The real conspiracy is keeping electronic music technology (elektron specifically) separate from counter top breakfast technology. They don’t want us making that connection and demanding mk4’s with coffee maker features, toasting ports, or omelette presses.

I know it sounds crazy, I beginning to think it’s not even worth it any more. But just know a lot of people made sacrifice to get this information into the light.

We owe them. We need sampling capabilities with a side of eggs and sausage, elektron style. Or we need to be on the streets holding signs and yelling at buildings to change!

15 Likes

Operation:Paperclip and Gladiotakt

3 Likes

2 Likes

Velocity sensitive triggers with aftertouch

Her name was Eldnah Rewop!

5 Likes

The Octatrack actually offers good sound, but you need to use a secret eleven fingers FUNC operation.

(Fun fact : I don’t have an OT, therefore i have no clue of what i’m talking about…unless.)

2 Likes

So you’re telling me that Elektron just enabled a yellow LED on [···] button? That it was always there?!

What else do they hide in these boxes? A white backlight for the display?!

#outrageous #wakeup

13 Likes

Elektron has already transitioned into a software company: every time you turn a digi knob, a new preset is downloaded from Elektron Cloud over 6G IooT cynk. (The OT crossfader still uses shortwave radio)

5 Likes

The fact that heat doesn’t have song mode speaks for itself.

6 Likes

I think the song mode is just further evidence that the lack of a slice mode on the Digitakt, Rytm, and Model: Samples is and has always been the lynchpin of the plot to sell Octatracks.

Also kits. Don’t forget about kits. We can all still complain about the whole Digi trio not having kits.

All is not lost, people.

15 Likes