Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

this one is really nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Beautiful track. Wow.

1 Like

Lovely stuff!

1 Like

You got a Bandcamp or anything? Been listening to your YT channel and blown away with what you are doing!

1 Like

@sl1200mk2 + @crybo – truly appreciate both of you listening and sharing such affirming words. :heart:

To answer crybo’s question:

Currently, the only released music for this project is an album I recorded with my roommate at the time. All I had then was a Rytm, and pressed him to pickup a Digitakt, as I wanted a non-repeatable product, and the most immediate way to do so at the time was to involve a collaborator.

Each composition began on the AR and later incorporated him on the DT the weekend before recording.

He later prioritized other things, moving away to Kansas and rather than change the name of the project that I’d started + spent a fair amount of time making content for that I wished to still gig (as well as having built a following with), I’ve continued gigging under the name while slowly building (+ becoming fluent with) a rig to achieve something truer to my initial aim, which is something akin to Nils Frahm meets Autechre.

If you follow my xuiqen thread, you’ll be notified of the release when it happens.

2 Likes

Korg USA Warehouse Outlet on Reverb has 6 more B-Stock Iridiums for sale for $1500. Mine just got here today and is in excellent condition with original box, manual and power supply.

Korg evidently does the repairs for Waldorf in the USA.

5 Likes

Craziness.

Oops, forgot the link!

4 Likes

Thanks for that. I was just looking at getting one and this nudged me over the edge.

4 Likes

You’re welcome/I’m sorry!

1 Like

Anyone wanna get rid of his Quantum :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

Oh dear lord… give me the strength to resist. This probably isn’t going to end well though.

5 Likes

I’d snap one up in a second, but I’m from the UK and may end up paying heavy tax duty etc., so it could end up the same price as a mint second hand unit from the UK…worth the risk…hmmmm.

That is a steal, assuming they are in good working order. I was surprised to see another seller with a price of $2039 for a brand new (unopened) Iridium. I thought they were still going for a firm $2,699. I paid less for mine, only because someone here was giving away a $500 coupon at Guitar Center.

2 Likes

How does the mighty Quantum compare to the Virus TI2? I know it has the updated color OLED screen but in terms of polyphony, FX engine, multi-timbral capability and support for new Mac OS X and Windows versions how does it fare? Virus to me still is one of the undisputed kings of the VA polyphony synth world in spite of its age and limits with software and crude user interface.

Just pulled the trigger on this. I know the M is widely regarded as “better sounding” with the analog filter but after three months I still feel like I’m fighting with it. I just felt like the filter didn’t respond the way I expected and modulation was kind of tedious.

When I had an Iridium I really enjoyed it, felt easy to dial in the sounds I heard in my head. Only sold it because of moving expenses and replaced with an M last year after hearing so many good things (and it was $600 cheaper)

@sacguy71 I loved my virus ti when I used it in the 2010s, and I loved my iridium last year. These days I’d pick the iridium because the interface is easier, I have specific outboard effects I’d be using, and I don’t care about the extra polyphony or multitimbrality.

2 Likes

Cool so how would you rate the M against the Iridium? I want a Waldorf synth in the future and trying to decide between the M and the Iridium. Price is not the deciding factor. Yeah Virus has weak interface but killer sound and polyphony which is why I bought it in 2022.

I mean all three of these synths have a bunch of crossover in sound and functionality so you probably don’t need two. I would just pick the one that works for your sound and programming approach.

I’m going to sell my M now that I bought the Iridium, I don’t need the mental overhead of multiple polysynths with wavetables on my desk.

1 Like

Since we’re comparing the Waldorfs.

How would people rank the Iridium vs the Blofeld?

1 Like