Waiting for our Syntakts to arrive

Agh, how frustrating! Fingers crossed it makes it’s way onto a US-bound plane soon…

1 Like

Just posting a picture of Oude Meer for inspiration. The album cover for a set of angry tracks to be composed on many Syntakts (when they eventually arrive)

Title your tracks Oude Meer - Sub Title, for example:

Oude Meer - My ass
Oude Meer - Burn in hell
Oude Meer - Old lake, new delay
Etc.

10 Likes

Haha, looking forward to the Oude Meer compilation album.

Mine just made it’s way to Newark from Oude Meer, Estimated to LA by Wednesday night. I’m not too stressed about when it gets here – but it’s been fun to feel the tracking number camaraderie.

3 Likes

Seriously, just like #jamuary… should we start #oudemeer?

The Syntakt-only jam hashtag.

Who’s in? … that is… when we get our Syntakt!

6 Likes

PRAISE BE HE WHO DELIVERS THE SYNTAKT TO THE PROMISED LAND!

6 Likes

Mine switched to Memphis. I imagine we’re in the same boat. Wed ETA :grimacing:

2 Likes

I for one will always remember my Koln and Oude Meer purgatory brethren. #Neverforget

4 Likes

Lesdoit

1 Like

Yes - we have to do this. The Oude Meer collection.

If you got your Syntakt, start building a track. If you don’t have it, start planning your track. These would be Syntakt only, 2-6 min in length, no external processing. Extra bonus for authentic Syntaks that went through Oude Meer and survived :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Na, people will be complaining FedEx lost the song mode in Oude Meer

2 Likes

So weird this came up because I just finished a short piece for all of you–Oude Meer (Waiting). Will upload soon!

11 Likes

Never thought I’d be so happy to see a shipment change from On Time (in Oude Meer) to Delayed (in Memphis).

3 Likes

OK - to keep this thread on topic, I’ve started the Oude Meer Collection thread :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yay! Finally some progress!

3 Likes

I’m starting to think that ordering from Perfect Circuit, even though they were out of stock, was not a bad move. I almost ordered from Thomann. Anyone know why, how they are $160 cheaper than anyone else?

Because I’m a massive nerd and love to know my equipment inside out, I printed and read the manual today with a cup of coffee.

Pretty impressed with the manual, nicely written and pretty clear I thought.

I’ve been watching true cuckoo, Andrew Huang and loopop videos to get a feeling for what it will be like, but still picked some things up from the manual.

Mine arrives tomorrow!

7 Likes

Mine just got to Oude Meer yesterday! Was stuck in Koeln before then. Hopefully I don’t have another 5 days to wait in Oude Meer purgatory.

I’ve had a lot of 2+ week shipping issues with major purchases (a bunch of Monome devices, SSL Big SiX) during the pandemic so I’ve adapted to it. Funnily enough I’m going to Sweden June 5th, I certainly hope it’s not the case where it would’ve been faster for me to grab a Syntakt by going to the Elektron office.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you’re going to be late posting it. Ok I’ll stop now… No I won’t.

1 Like

Finally an update… From Oude Meer yesterday to Memphis today, scheduled to arrive to me near Seattle tomorrow.

Looks like we’ve got our heads above (old lake) water!

2 Likes

i ordered mines like last week from sweetwater and got it already. They said my preorder would arrive next month.