Vongon Replay 6-voice Synthesizer

Soundwise, I put it in the same category as the PERfourMER.

2 Likes

:100: %.

3 Likes

Oh, and you must be secretly interested if you’re still following this thread.

8 Likes

Besides a different look it offers nothing new and doesn’t sound very interesting either. I’m not interested in the device if it’s 5x overpriced and doesn’t offer anything unique imo. Again just my opinion. :slight_smile:

But I have to ask again out of curiosity what’s worth selling to get the €1000,- Replay?

1 Like

I understand that perspective, but every situation is different. I have the same thought process when I see things that seem priced unreasonably. I happen to in this case really like the overall product and it fits outside of my normal tendencies. I can’t really defend it, I just really like it. That could be a mistake, or it might get the most use out of all of my gear. We will see.

2 Likes

you know, we actually have a thread for price discussion

8 Likes

I think it’s a valid point… if we just have an all positive and glowing narrative on this synth (or anything else) we risk it becoming as useless as the YouTuber echo chamber where they’re all nothing but glowing about whatever it is in front of them that week.

‘What gear worth €1000 is worth selling to replace with the Vongon?’ is a simple enough question if someone has said they’ll sell something to fund it.

Let’s have balance.

10 Likes

I largely agree. I would have a hard time paying asking price for this thing. I also think that believing it should only be like $200 (as @Elek4 has implied a couple times) is simply not realistic. Behringer is the only company I can think of that can put out full-fledged synths that cheap, and we already have multiple topics discussing why and how they do that, the ethics of how they get there, etc.

The fact is, ultimately, nobody but Vongon knows why they priced it how they did. If enough people buy it, then they were justified in pricing it that way. If nobody buys it and they have to slash the price in 6 months, then we know they priced it too high. Price discussion rarely goes anywhere and usually just becomes a series of pointless arguments about “missing” features or build quality or theorizing about supply chains and economies of scale.

I agree. And if someone thinks the Vongon is worth selling $1,000 of other gear to fund, I’m not gong to tell them they’re wrong, even if it’s not the choice I would make.

10 Likes

That was my first computer :star_struck: If this thing would look like that, I’d be almost tempted to at least throw longing gazes at it like with the K.O. II and SeqTrak. Luckily I don’t need any of those :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

this is mostly my perspective, its such an individual choice based on too many factors.

personally i think the aesthetic of this does carry a lot of value, not something i could/would feel the desire to afford but i also cant afford rick owens dunks

4 Likes

I think the Ace up its sleeve it the very versatile arpeggiator. Its very easy as Emily Hopkins says to create patterns and as we know patterns leads to tracks.

1 Like

I agree largely, but sometimes there is a difference between just price and the value proposition… I think the latter is where Vongon are dividing opinions here.

TE are a good example of this, something like the OP-1 Field… it’s price and it’s value-proposition are two different things… no doubt it is (relatively) expensive to many, but the value proposition is there to a great deal of people who have become users.

And as Price is what you pay and value is what you get.

WARREN BUFFETT.

it becomes more valid if you use it a lot.

1 Like

It may be a simple question, but no one should feel like they actually have to answer it. Imagine justifying to a forum every time you sold a piece of gear to fund another. I think general price discussion is fine, and even that question posed as a hypothetical “What you would sell to get this…” can be an interesting open discussion. But when it is pointed directly at someone who says they are buying a specific product, it becomes intrusive. Especially when some of the comments above sound more like trolling than actual discussion.

10 Likes

R you getting the Vongon Pedals too? If i go for it its a must as i have no pedals.

1 Like

100% agree… no one is obliged to answer that or any question, but it was raised as part of the discussion- ‘I will sell something to fund this’, so asking ‘what?’ is fair game (as is the decision to answer or not).

1 Like

I think its really “just be nice”. All questions when not purposefully trying to troll are legitimate. Some people take things personal and then get crazy and its the internet, so sometimes purpose of posts are lost in translation. Its odd when two people have to go back and forth to prove their feelings are the only correct feelings.

EDIT: this will be the last of my off topic posts. Sorry if anyone is annoyed. I probably would be.

4 Likes

Nobody has to justify their purchase either. If you like it buy it. Why overcomplicate things?

4 Likes

High praise! Glad you’re enjoying it, I think you have great taste and make awesome music.

3 Likes

The vongon polyphrase is one of my all time favorite delays (and if you know me, you know I’m delay obsessed and try to catch em all!)

The replay looks and sounds awesome. I’m excited to try one someday, whether I buy one or not.

1 Like