Vongon Replay 6-voice Synthesizer

new synth from Vongon!
It’s definitely aesthetically driven, looks nice.

didn’t pay much attention to Vongon’s effects and stuff before this, but remember they are a super-boutique little operation, the price comes in at $899.

9 Likes

For me, it’s too expensive to justify
I enjoy the looks but i’m bummed to see usb-micro on a $899 new release
I know that’s a petty gripe, but it is what it is.

after all that, I massively applaud another product creation from a tiny producer. So cool!
Congrats Vongon (I didn’t know they were local to me, but that’s cool too!)

11 Likes

Cherry mechanical switches instead of standard synth keys too; interesting.

The labels are unreadable. Nice collector’s item, but at this price point it’s more a novelty than something I would personally use.

5 Likes

definitely LOOKS super cool. i feel like in 2024 for me to buy a synth though it’s gotta have some type of special trick up it’s sleeve. things like this don’t really bring anything to the table that any other polysynth can’t do already right

4 Likes

I find the aesthetics unappealing, but I’d watch a demo and it’s nice to see small companies taking big risks on their eggnog-colored dreams.

11 Likes

def. cool looking! I don’t get it, though, it doesn’t seem any more versatile than a Roland boutique, but at an op-1 price

2 Likes

eggnog has a better ring to it than ‘millennial beige’

5 Likes

And the secret menu doesn’t allow you to access to everything, damn i hate webapp, even more on a mobile device.

Still i really love the sound.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the confusing hidden functions on a microkorg, but somehow worse

I was going to register my bewilderment around the lack of labels on the controls. But there are labels and they’re white-on-white? That’s almost worse?

But watching their video and their careful, step-by-step explanation of how standard subtractive synthesis works, I think this is just a pure “not for me” device. So it’s hard to criticize.

8 Likes

At least on the Microkorg they aren’t hidden, they are just in a matrix which is quite easy to understand and listed right on the panel under the corresponding knob.

I like the design, and I think it is an interesting synth. I have owned Paragraphs and Ultrasheer from Vongon, and they do make quality products. I am not sure about the price though. I can’t help but think if this was around $500-$600, then they would sell a ton of them.

5 Likes

Everything in the Right Place?

8 Likes

Very limited, strange looks, no fx. It’s actually quite big too

Even the panel seems oddly layed out for the space available- really strange design choices.

Micro usb feels wrong for such an expensive purchase. And those keys? Odd.

I love the other Vongon products but this one seems fairly lackluster

Maybe it sounds amazing. Even then I wouldn’t buy it.

1 Like

The most interesting part to me is

2.5 octaves of genuine Cherry MX keys. Installed with hot-swap sockets so you can replace the switch with alternative actions

Except that that’s the keys which won’t be velocity sensitive, so that’s not so great. I’d like to see hotswap sockets on more devices for their buttons, so we can easily replace dicky switches, but not for their primary keybed…

2 Likes

Reference for those that want to quickly see what the controls actually are -

I feel like at some point we’re gonna see one of these with black marker scribblings all over it with the functions.

1 Like

any new synth purchase has to offer more than my current setup or I cannot really justify the new purchase.

3 Likes

White on off white WTF! My poor eyes.

4 Likes

This is the only shot on their website where the text looks actually somewhat legible -

1 Like