Vongon Replay 6-voice Synthesizer

This video is pretty informative.

She changed out the Cherry MX Switches to quieter ones.

It’s interesting that the website says the synth as inspired by the Juno and Polysix, but in the video she says the filter is Moog-inspired. I guess it’s just a very inspired synth.

3 Likes

looks cool, but would’ve loved to see a slimmed down version of their fx pedals built into this. surprisingly vanilla compared to their pedals

5 Likes

I just can’t get hyped for a 100% VA like this.

1 Like

Yeah, would have been cool if they added some of their own FX.

1 Like

two synths where their (simple) effects really make their sound, to me. and this has no effects. I guess it pulls from the simplicity of those two though, and it’s six-voice.

she can usually sell me anything, but I’m not feeling this one.

The demos sound really good, but I am definitely not the target demographic for something like this.

Brace yourself, we are entering the TE-design era. And when I see price tags like this, I think that TE could charge even more for the Op-1f, for example. To me, there are no reasons to prefer this synth over a Minilogue. But at least it sounds good and it looks very cool.

New synth? Time for me to get my armchair cynicism out of my system!

Yeah, my eyes aren’t the greatest. This thing is a great-looking piece of furniture but I’d worry that in less-than-perfect lighting the text would be more or less illegible for me. That said I really really like the design from a purely aesthetic point of view.

It sounds very good in the Oora video - like genuinely great. However, I’m personally kind of tired of super-limited Juno-esque synths in general, and I feel like a VA really needs to bring something unique to the table (even just really good built-in FX or something). Web app to access all of the parameters is also a complete dealbreaker, but I suppose it reduces parts cost drastically.

None of this makes it a bad product, it’s simply 100% not for me (and frankly, I like that I’ve reached a point where most new instruments don’t interest me). I hope it finds its audience and that the people who want it enjoy it.

pretty respectful conversation so far, seem’s like most folks are feeling the same way about this.

You’ve really got to applaud anyone making anything these days, it’s not easy to get to this point as a solo manufacturer/producer (or even small teams)
So, I appreciate that this was dropped without much fanfare. Here it is, “we didn’t promise you anything and it is what it is.”
For all we know this is just another stepping stone to further unique and outstanding products. It’s a learning process and I hope Vongon is able to continue creating products.

8 Likes

Seems like a Boards Of Canada dream machine with its lofi detuneyness.

2 Likes

It looks like a good learning tool.

1 Like

Stop motion animation, bright coloured text, pictures, its for children. I’m not a children. Maybe childrens would like it.

1 Like

No speaker no battery option. Companies keep making these small portable devices without the obvious needs.

Cool that they’re doin some new shit!

Same old same old I could care less about.

Taking radical decisions in regards to layout, function and control is exactly what we need. It’s all hit or miss.

2 Likes

I love the design of it and ordered immediately to celebrate the new job I’m starting on Monday. I am an emotional consumer.

7 Likes

I don’t mind the minimal labelling, I mean for any seasoned synth person, you could guess what each knob & slider does even without watching a video or anything (lfo / osc / filter / envelope).

But, I just don’t understand why make it in the first place. I was hoping it might at least be analog but nope.

Maybe they’ll unlock some FX functionality in the future but until then it’s just an odd curiosity.

3 Likes

At first I was confused, but now I get it!

Its a synth for aspiring gear-tubers!

If this product succeeds and connects with its intended demographic, then its a feedback loop of marketing!

Edit: honestly, probably should have been cheaper. $900 is crazy even for the added benefit of its aesthetic. $799 would have been a much more balanced price i think

6 Likes

The design is gorgeous, maybe not so practical, but the synths seems simple so you will probably know your way around it without reading labels after a while.

3 Likes

i dont know about you, but if i see a Fireghosting video i click it…

6 Likes

Yes you could probably get the same sounds from the Behringer Deepmind(Junoesque) at a much cheaper price. But the form factor is very pleasing on a desk. Next to the pedals Vongon release it sure looks inspirational to me. And clacky is the ‘in thing’.

1 Like