US East Coast Elektronauts, (NJ, NYC, PHL, etc.)

Just wondering if there are any US East Coast Elektronauts around. Maybe we can connect to do meetups or put gigs together. :man_shrugging:

I’m in a vortex of DJ’s, Hip Hop and indie rock here. Not that that’s a bad thing, but I feel misplaced everywhere I play/gig. I get gigs with DJs playing club music (I’m appreciated but definitely stick out with all the original, non pro production music), or a random slot in between singers/songwriters/rappers/bands. I’m grateful to be playing in general, but I’d like to see if an independent hardware scene would be viable in these areas. I have a punk background from the last decade or so and don’t have many roots anywhere else in the music “scene”. At the very least would be nice to have other people I can talk locally to about MIDI problems and OT sound quality :smile:

Cheers!

7 Likes

PHL burbs represent! I’d love to play more gigs in the area. Been working on a DT/DN/OT/Micromonsta/iPad live techno(ish) set. Where are you?

3 Likes

I’m in (the mythical) Central New Jersey. I don’t play out or anything, but would be interested in a local meetup or a show for sure.

3 Likes

Sweet! Over by New Brunswick (Rutgers area) if you’re familiar. I have a OT/DN/MC set I’ve been running with for a year or so. I have a handful of venues that may host if I can put a few acts together. How goes it over in Philly? Any venues hosting indy electronic music?

I’m in Central NJ too! My fav part of Jersey sans the Shore. I’m by New Bruns, how about yourself?

I’m in NYC at the moment (work is still remote). I can’t play well enough to be of any use to anyone in a jam or gig. I wouldn’t mind meeting to talk shop, but I’m not doing indoor gatherings for the time being. It’s supposed to hit 17C tomorrow, time to have a pint on a patio…

1 Like

I honestly don’t know jack about the Philly scene. I’m a 40yo middle school teacher out past King of Prussia who never goes out. Hahah.

3 Likes

Awesome. Was surprised I didn’t see more NYC people respond. I totally understand and maybe once it warms up we can talk shop sometime. I’m not far from the city and generally visit often sans the past 2 years. Going to see Gary Numan in March at Webster.

1 Like

Hah well I’m pushing 40 so no worries. One spot I have is generally for people our age and grad student crowd so that might be fun if you wanna test your set out. Either way down to jam or talk shop. Nice to know Elektronauts have some tri state presence.

1 Like

I’m getting all nostalgic in here. I grew up in CT, then went to college in the middle of PA. Went to plenty of NYC / NJ raves around the turn of the century. I had some friends down in Bryn Mawr, so I used to spend the odd weekend down there partying in Philly (20 years ago, mind you). I’ve been out west (San Diego, CA) for a long time though, so I’m no help when it comes to current situations. Cheers

2 Likes

You can leave the East Coast, but the East Coast never leaves you. haha. I’ve been tempted to leave a few times but this area definitely has its charms to keep me rooted here. If you’re ever back around and want to hang with rando Elektron nerds we’ll be here :grin:

1 Like

I’m actually pretty close, I’m in the Scotch Plains/Westfield area.

@Slicetwo my first all-electronic show actually in Philly, went to a “laptop” battle in some bar back when using a laptop on stage was a very dicey proposition. That’s the first and last I’ve heard about the scene since, outside of doing a few trades/sales with some folks out there because it’s easier than driving to Brooklyn.

I’m in the same boat as some though and trying not to do too many indoor events, but I’d be down to getting together to talk shop if we want to try and make something happen.

2 Likes

@hyperstationjr @FreddyUnreal

We should do an outdoor jam once the weather gets nicer! Substratum does psy party/bbq stuff at the Belmont Plateau in Fairmount Park when it’s nice out.

2 Likes

Another NYC resident here, would be great to meet up with more of you in-person!

We just need to be careful if we’re planning to mix drinks with an OT - sound quality discussion, things could get out of hand quickly.

1 Like

Definitely down! We’ll revisit this in the Spring/Summer.

I’m in north/central NJ, about 30 miles west of NYC, a few miles north of I-78.

1 Like

Yeah that’s super close. I’m cool with whatever people are comfortable with. Maybe an outdoor drinks type of situation if available.

Can someone finally bring @slicetwo a black octatrak to this outdoor jam?

4 Likes

Nice. The more the merrier. You play out at all?

Hahaha. If you bring it, you may not go home with it! Legit, all my gear but the damn OT is black. Even my Neutron has a black faceplate, and my Digitone is all black buttons except the FUNC!

2 Likes