Update including more filter types?

Yeah if only they added even the most basic basic basic moving average or whatever to act on the opposite of the actual filter, that would so hugely improve workflow!
It doesn‘t even have to be an elaborate sweepable filter with resonance and whatnot, I‘d even be in rainbow wonderland with just a three position „off-light-strong“ switch for setting up a gentle roll off.

But yeah, I we‘ve had plenty of insight information coming from Ess in this thread.

I don’t understand why a second filter would be more important thant a 3 band EQ.

Is anyone saying that?

I just think most people consider it more realistic (less CPU heavy). The DN’s non-resonant filter is pretty damn handy.

I’d welcome (as I’m sure nearly everyone else here would) any EQ/filter features that could be thrown in.

1 Like

The DN 2nd Filter injected into the DT would indeed speed Up the sample sound design

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned already (at least not from the suggested list I got when typing the title).

We have a lowpass, a highpass… would it be too much to ask for a bandpass filter? :slight_smile:

It could be a combination of both algorithms?

Just a thought… :wink:

László/Triangle Wave Records

1 Like

It’s been mentioned dozens of times in the feature request topic:

4 Likes

Weird, it didn’t show anything regarding bandpass filter in the list of suggested related posts.

Thanks for the link up!

It’s best to search the forum before posting.

1 Like

haha okay, Peter. thanks for the advice.

1 Like

I remember reading someone saying you can pull your low pass filter to where you want it…then resample and push the high pass up. That’s the work around to bandpass.

1 Like

Got the digitakt yesterday - and was really surprised when there wasn’t a band pass - especially when there is a ui for one there already! I can’t remember right now, but doesn’t the compressor basically have one?

I do not think a second filter will ever be implemented. But the band pass?
Those enigmatic choices cannot be understood under common logic!
Anyway, a real new filter type could be a comp filter, in the sense that is has been implemented, for example, in Waldorf blofeld synth. This could expose many different sound sculpture posibilities and cannot be that cpu intensive in order not to be an option. And the band pass of course.

3 Likes

I like the idea of a master filter that each track has a dry/wet parameter for. This could make the control all function very powerful.

1 Like

It will forever remain a mystery to me why Elektron abandoned the base/width paradigm for their digital filters. It was perfect.

4 Likes

Strictly speaking, they didn’t. It’s on the DN, which was released after DT. But I totally agree that the base/width filter is perfect, especially for shaping a mix across the entire machine.

4 Likes

The DN filter implementation is totally different from the base/width approach on the OT and MNM. The latter is much more flexible and interesting IMO.

1 Like

Yes, OT filter (with the extra distortion parameter) is a beauty, agreed. Still, having the second filter page of DN would make the DT far more flexible for creating complete tracks without having to resort to resampling/using a DAW etc.

3 Likes

Agreed, DT is a cool machine but this was a dealbreaker for me.

1 Like

That will be my big deception about the DT, I really can’t understand why they are making a hash of their product like this…

+1, such a strange decision on the DT, really wish they’d add this option as it would be such a useful feature

4 Likes