Unfiltered Audio - Battalion (soft drum synth)

This appears to have come out today.
Looks interesting but haven’t had the time to fully check out yet.

9 Likes

“20 distinct synthesis engines”

Ok I have to try this

As a fan of everything unfiltered audio does, I’ll have to check this out.

4 Likes

…finaleeeeeeeeee…this was already 2 years in the making…and THIS is pretty much a daw of it’s own…

too much to compute, too complex for the masses, i’m afraid…

like one modular system, two dt’s and two st’s would have a third gen grandchild together…

1 Like

Dude you’re spot on, there’s a lot of similarities between ST synthesis and Elektron workflow in general and this plugin.

The synthesis engines are surprisingly deep, the workflow is intuitive, the sequencer is cool, the randomization is intelligent and very interesting.

I’m 10 minutes into the demo and I can already say I’ll heavily use this alongside Microtonic and Drumcomputer.

2 Likes

does it sound good though?

1 Like

i think it’s been more like 4 years hasn’t it? i remember talking to Michael about it briefly ages ago during beta of another of their plug ins… i don’t know though… pandemic did my head in when it comes to time and the passing of it! I wasn’t part of the beta for Battalion. I’m glad to have it now though!

so glad it’s out and looks to be a beast. the sequencer looks amazing. seemingly thought of everything. good times!

1 Like

Will probably pick this one up when it comes to iOS.

2 Likes

Hard to say :laughing:

In a way, it’s been in development since Euro Reakt (about eight years ago) since some of the drum engines started life as modules there. I started more full-time development on the plugin itself shortly before Syntakt came out. It probably would have been out a lot sooner but Syntakt definitely changed a lot of personal goals that I had for the project.

Richard sent me this video a few hours ago and I couldn’t believe how much mileage he’s gotten out of this so far:

28 Likes

Richard wastes no time! sick. congrats! i grabbed it immediately “oh shit… it’s the thing! it’s done!”

2 Likes

Hell yeah

9 Likes

This looks pretty cool. I’ve always enjoyed the Elektron “engine + macro knob” model for drum synthesis and was surprised that there’s nothing much like that in software. Will definitely demo this. The loyalty offer of $99 with free Lion seems quite good.

1 Like

…hmmmpf…not if u bought lion at full prize when it was brandnew…

same goes for all my other unfiltered audio pligins…always paid full price…damn…

but if u got no lion synth yet, it’s an absolute no brainer for sure…
they’re both truu new sonic terretory…

1 Like

seems like a proper contender for this thread, lots of overlap with rytm here and it sounds pretty good, not sure how deep the sequencer is, nonetheless 8 tracks synth+samples with global fx sounds pretty dope. maybe @CCMP would be interested

1 Like

I guess you could presumably sell one Lion licence? Do PA allow that? But yeah such is life, sometimes you get a great deal and sometimes you miss out!

Just demoed this for a bit. Fairly impressed immediately with the UI / overall sound.

Time to torture test it with some extreme modulations from Bitwig.

2 Likes

I already have a Lion licence and I am seeing it offered to me for $99, not sure if that is the reason.
Its tempting, but I also know if I wait 6 months it will be $49 then eventually $29 so it will be hard to pull the trigger…unless the demo blows me away…

2 Likes

I did that but the demo crashes a lot. Hope for a more stable version soon.

1 Like

Ah damn that’s no good. Where’s it crashing and what’s going on when it crashes? Could you write us through our support form? Support – Unfiltered Audio We haven’t had hard crashes in a while, so let me know your DAW, operating system, etc. and we’ll get on it.

Awesome sound demo up there, BTW.

3 Likes

That big Variation knob and entire Perform page with Randomize button are just fire! I’m so excited and inspired :slight_smile:

1 Like