UDO Audio Super 6 Binaural Synth

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll update later today :slight_smile:

I want my MPE!

wow, I just played with automation in Live 11, it turns the Super 6 into a sound design monster, I have automation curves for filter, cross mod, tune and resonance. Once a midi sequence has been recorded you can press the + sign to right of the record button and keep overdubbing different automations on your sequence. This is what I have been waiting for.

what would be a good MPE controller for the Super 6?

I have a LinnStrument and Erae Touch I’d like to try, but I mainly need MPE to sequence polyphonically using pitch bend-based microtuning.

1 Like

I put together a list of MPE controllers, over in the MPE Synth Controller Options Thread.

ADDED : buzz you should also consider the Hydrasynth Explorer.

1 Like

My desktop has arrived! Buzzing.

6 Likes

This thing is beautiful.

27 Likes

Welcome to this club too!

You have some nice synths sir :sweat_smile:

I’m growing more fond of the desktop look even if I’d never trade my blue keys for one :wink:

I’m happy for those that want/need a desktop instead.

3 Likes

I’m still a long way behind your fine collection!

1 Like

Is that a Rytm with wood side panels next to the Udo?

Seems so indeed.

Yes it is. I saw a YouTube video where @Sleepyhead uses one with his Rytm. It looked slick, so ordered myself the same one.

2 Likes

Do you still have a link to the wood shop? Plz

https://www.mixingtable.com/elektron-a4-rytm-mk-ii-lux-desk-stand

2 Likes

That’s a sexy beast. Tell us how the faders feel when you have the chance. I know I just bought a drum set but that picture drove me to the edge of GAS. The paint is like the 909 isn’t it?

1 Like

I don’t want to go off topic, but I have to double-down on the Mixing Table shout out. Everything they do is top notch quality stuff. I have a few of their things now, and they’re all beautiful, solid pieces of work.

1 Like

The build quality is second to none, which is immediately appreciated when holding it. It feels like it’s made from steel and weighs a ton. The faders are smooth and resistant, the knobs even more so. I cannot find a reason to fault the build, and is probably the best I’ve felt.

I can’t comment on whether the paint job is comparable to the 909 or not.

2 Likes

Agree with that. Slightly expensive, but you get what you pay for, and that is something handmade with love.

That is interesting to hear, knobs on the keyboard unit when I played it was like a feather touch, it didn’t feel cheap but it also didn’t feel like how I would want. I suppose they must have updated that, which is great.

I know it is part of this synths ethos to have no screen but I really can’t help but wish it had a tiny screen for patch names and maybe to show you a number when you moved a parameter so you could maybe have a catch mode and learn easily from others presets. I feel like getting the M really reminded me of how useful a screen can be even if you are making a sound from front panel controls.

I suppose it is all stuff you get used to in time.