UDO Audio Super 6 Binaural Synth

This thing sounds like an absolute beast!

11 Likes

One synth to rule them all… Binaurally!

It’s the best sounding poly synth that you can buy new at the moment imo. But that’s just judging from the vid. My opinion might change over time. I’m very picky haha. I also really like how it looks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I emailed them yesterday.

Said around the Fall will be first batch.

Any word on pricing? Seems expensive.

He said they’re aiming for right around £2,000 with VAT

2 Likes

Good price and to be expected when it has dedicated oscillators/ear for binaural effects!

Yeah definitely seems fair for what you get. I’m just in awe of its sound.

1 Like

Me too mate.

Good video on the signal path and a bit of the hardware/software at work.

3 Likes

Dad and son meet up after many years apart.:laughing:

3 Likes

Does sound rather nice, different from DSI, Novation and Moog polys. Has a bit of a Roland vibe to it to my ears a bit like JX8p, a synth which I really enjoyed.

3 Likes

Sometimes you feel like telling Roland …”see it’s not that hard”.

6 Likes

Heh, yeah! This even reminds me of Roland golden era designs, looks very Jupiter6 doesn’t it? Obviously though there is a lot going on under the hood and a lot of interesting features, so it is really great how it has no display and large and at a glance controls.

2 Likes

I think it uses the “same” oscillators too, I watched the video when I was falling asleep last night, DDS I think he said? “Direct digital synthesis”.

1 Like

MPE support … yes!

2 Likes

Very impressed with the demos, instant lushness without post-processing.

3 Likes

Quite nice seeming, I am a sucker for superwaves through analog filters… so this and the Prophet X both have the binaural option. Although this seems to be pushing the idea further perhaps (a different dac and fpga per oscillator seems like the benefits might be questionable but a cool and somewhat crazy idea). Any other fully binaural synths floating around?

I wonder what you could do with something from the DSI evolver family? Aren’t they stereo signal path throughout? 3396 based waveshaper and filter for each of the first two oscillators with the ability to pan them across the stereo field. Throw in independent delay lines for each?

2 Likes

The Super Six sounds SO glorious! :see_no_evil: How to find 2200 quid…

2 Likes

Hearn did a little concert with the Super 6 (don’t expect Rick Wakeman) and then brought in Sacha Ketterlin to play some. (It’s aboout 20 minutes in length.)

A little surprising given the state of the products development, a lot of it is not done or only sketched in, it’s hoped to be done sometime in the fall. But that said it does give a bit of an idea. It’s also great that U·D·O gave attendees at Supebooth a chance to play the Super 6 as well.

2 Likes