UDO Audio Super 6 Binaural Synth

I’m still a long way behind your fine collection!

1 Like

Is that a Rytm with wood side panels next to the Udo?

Seems so indeed.

Yes it is. I saw a YouTube video where @Sleepyhead uses one with his Rytm. It looked slick, so ordered myself the same one.

2 Likes

Do you still have a link to the wood shop? Plz

https://www.mixingtable.com/elektron-a4-rytm-mk-ii-lux-desk-stand

2 Likes

That’s a sexy beast. Tell us how the faders feel when you have the chance. I know I just bought a drum set but that picture drove me to the edge of GAS. The paint is like the 909 isn’t it?

1 Like

I don’t want to go off topic, but I have to double-down on the Mixing Table shout out. Everything they do is top notch quality stuff. I have a few of their things now, and they’re all beautiful, solid pieces of work.

1 Like

The build quality is second to none, which is immediately appreciated when holding it. It feels like it’s made from steel and weighs a ton. The faders are smooth and resistant, the knobs even more so. I cannot find a reason to fault the build, and is probably the best I’ve felt.

I can’t comment on whether the paint job is comparable to the 909 or not.

2 Likes

Agree with that. Slightly expensive, but you get what you pay for, and that is something handmade with love.

That is interesting to hear, knobs on the keyboard unit when I played it was like a feather touch, it didn’t feel cheap but it also didn’t feel like how I would want. I suppose they must have updated that, which is great.

I know it is part of this synths ethos to have no screen but I really can’t help but wish it had a tiny screen for patch names and maybe to show you a number when you moved a parameter so you could maybe have a catch mode and learn easily from others presets. I feel like getting the M really reminded me of how useful a screen can be even if you are making a sound from front panel controls.

I suppose it is all stuff you get used to in time.

That’s surprising. The knobs on the desktop unit are so solid and clunky; you need a bit of force to change their position. I need to emphasise that point. The first time I clicked one into place, I thought that will probably wake the baby.

I’m pleased to say there’s a real sense of quality about it.

Edit: @bwo I realise we’re referring to different knobs here. The wave selectors are the knobs to which I refer. The other knobs are much less resistant and more akin to your description.

Love that colour. It reminds me of the sci fi film 2001 or the tv series Space 1999.

3 Likes

Dope! Can you post a picture? I’m curious how it looks with the black AR.

Agree, it’s on the expensive side but it’s very well made indeed and I felt like my favorite piece of gear deserved some love :joy:

7 Likes

Damn that looks amazing! Even smoother than with the grey one.

I prefer the grey for that vintage sampler look

Dang, that is slick. I’ve always admired the Mixing Table stuff, but this one may have pushed me over the edge to finally order one.

Hi everyone, I didn’t know there was a Super6 discussion here, but I joined up as soon as I found out. I’ve had mine for about a year, recently did a demo and some free patches for it, so I figured I’d add that here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xx9BT8D-_UT_dxwkqDj7cO1uMU-szXmd?usp=sharing

And yes, that does say this is my second demo. I made a new SC account just for synth demos since my first one went over so well, but I don’t want to move the old one to the new account and break any links related to that one. I think the second one is much better in terms of my sound design and audio editing, so we’ll start with this one and I can add V1 later.

4 Likes
4 Likes