Trouble with os upgrade

Hi all, I am trying to upgrade my rytms’s os from 1.45 to the new 1.50, have downloaded the elektron transfer and the sysex tool and connected my rytm to my computer with the usb, when i open the sysex tool I configured midi in and midi out to analogue rytm then loaded the firmware file and hit send. From here the progress bar gets just under halfway and stalls, i hit send again after an hour or 2 and i get error message - program not responding, I am attempting with transfer legacy os upgrade instead of sysex tool and hit upgrade but nothing seems to be happening, the abort button is lit but there is no indication from either my rytm or from transfer that the upgrade is going through or not. Any help would be appreciated.

hi @Totem , welcome onboard

make sure that the settings are the same on both the software and the hardware, maybe try uninstall and reinstall the software or use C6. AR MKII?
might want to have a look here too: Analog Four 1.35B & Analog Rytm 1.45B or related threads on the forum

are you having the ar in update mode/waiting for sysex?

Tried using Midi-OX?

Cheers for the advice, I am thinking the software has not been installed correctly even though I followed all instructions when downloading transfer or sysex tool. I take it the C6.AR MK11 is available through elektron website under support and downloads?

Cheers again

Thank, haven’t tried Midi-OX but will give anything a shot at this stage, it’s a download yeagh?

Yes it is in update mode, “waiting for os showing on the lcd”

that seems right.

are you sure you are using the right update file? (AR mk1 or mk2)

in c6, there are various checkboxes in the connections tab… have a look at them… be aware, that connection may have to be configured on every start of the program…

if the update receiving starts, on rytm there should be also a progress bar…

in transfer, can you use the connection to send sample/browse the rytm? or dont you get to this stage?

edit:

in rytms midi settings is midi via usb enabled?

could you also try via din midi?

Cheers for the reply, I have just tried again now using transfer and it has worked, maybe there was too much internet traffic last time I attempted, who know but it worked in a flash tonight.
Cheers

2 Likes

Yesterday I used Transfer with the Rytm Mk2 1.50, today I installed the latest OB version and Rytm 1.50A and Transfer doesn´t recognize the machine anymore.

maybe you have to switch rytm back to usb only usb mode to use transfer

then back to overbridge mode when using ob

dont know from my head if this still applies, on old versions it was this way

another idea: do you use the newest version of transfer?

Sorry to bombard you with questions , now that i have upgraded os the next thing is over bridge which I haven’t set up yet, system requirements say performance can be affected by installed drivers, USB-chipsets, connected peripherals and USB hubs. Maybe dumb question but how can i tell if my computer has the required functionality?

there is no software or list, which will check for it.

best thing you can do is follow the ob 2.0 pdf manual and try it… some mandatory specs are listed in it (for example win 10 and not win 7)

if possible, without usb hubs

1 Like

I tried with OB mode and USB MIDI mode, and without Overhub, but no luck.

I´m running the latest version of everything, and I can´t find legacy versions for Transfer and OB to check.

Transfer recognizes the Rytm, but doesn´t connect.

What does it say when you attempt to connect? What OS?

you can check on the machine itself, both for the OS and hardware specs.

What model?

Hi, the computer is a hp pavillion, it is 64 bit and has the required ram, the installed driver may be an issue, i’m not sure, I have attempted to download over bridge several times today but keep getting a pop up- the following applications are using files that need to be updated by this setup.
hp jumpstartlaunch.exe
The setup can’t close the running app so I ran task manager to close all running apps but hp jumpstartlaunch.exe isn’t showing, then went to apps and uninstalled hp jumpstart but i’m still getting the same problem, the setup can’t complete because of this running app.

I meant which model of HP? It should still work nonetheless with anything relatively newish.

Have you restarted in between? Alternately you can just being up the task manager and close the program.