Trouble with os upgrade

Sorry for confusion, yes I did forget to restart after uninstalling hp jumstartlaunch, It worked fine after that.
Cheers for your help on this, I should have spent more time troubleshooting, in the end both the upgrade and over bridge were relatively painless.

3 Likes

No worries! It’s a silly suggestion, but I find myself in silly circumstances from time to time so worth the ask!

Cheers, I know I am asking again lol, cause I really should have been getting advice on the driver for my tb-3 instead of advice on the rytm, I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled that wretched driver countless times and troubleshooted it countless times, Even got someone more tech savvy than myself to try and figure it out and even he was stumped. When I open the driver I get a box that pops up with tb-3 driver setting with adjust audio buffer, when i change the buffer size and hit apply nothing happens, click ok and the driver settings box closes and that’s it! nothing. When I go the sound setting on my computer control panel the output and input are both set to the tb-3 so I play a pattern on the tb-3 and can see the mic on the input is working but there is nothing coming from the output, when i hit trouble shoot I get a box that opens with the following error - windows cannot access the specified device path, you may not have appropriate permission to access item. Obviously I am doing something wrong when installing the driver, possibly the sound browser maybe but as far as i know it is closed when i install the driver, i run task manager before installing to make sure there are no open apps but it is always the same. To say help would be appreciated is an understatement lol.

Just occurred to me maybe i should start a new topic for my tb-3 woes since it falls under “other gear”