Transfer Application

Though I have definitely slagged off Elektron on this forum and in my own private circles, I often feel the need to express how much I love these machines. They truly are works of art for me, but they always seem to fall short in some ridiculous sort of way that stops them from the true greatness, i.e. sample management (AR), Midi Sequencing (AR/A4), no song mode (DT), and not including glide/portamento (DN).
I had a funny thought yesterday that if Elektron had invented the first true automobile, they wouldā€™ve had nailed the combustable engine, perfected power braking and steering but somehow screwed up making the tires. People would buy it thinking ā€œsurely everything should work as expectedā€ then wind up with 4 flats a mile from the sales lot.

All kidding aside, if they want to be a pro music company, they need to act like it.

5 Likes

Any news?

I am just now trying the Transfer app with the AR MK1. Wow, for me, this changes everything. Being able to quickly load samples back and forth between my computer and AR and preview them in the app before loading is super efficient. This will allow me to explore samples on the AR in a much deeper way.

Thanks Elektron!

I waited four years for this, but I am glad to have it now.

11 Likes

wait what? how?

Yes, it has happened.

os updates today. rytm mki guys got transfer and dual vco

2 Likes

somehow missed this! thank you guys. i have been waiting for this day for 2 yrs. i think i just shed a tear

2 Likes

Oh dang, I didnā€™t realize the transfer app too!
Canā€™t wait to get off work, jeez

1 Like

Yes!!!

1 Like

Oh wow this beauty is zippin along. :star_struck:

Question:

• Can we still not see how much in MBs is on the Drive? (MKI)

I tried using the Transfer application while my DAW was open and RYTM was connected. It works great. I can preview and add samples to RYTM during a session seamlessly.

RYTM is connected to Transfer via USB; RYTM is connected to DAW via MIDI.

1 Like

Thank you Elektron.

nice. thanks!

With the file xfer and the new DVCO machines, the rytm mk I can now be considered ā€feature completeā€ (sans overbridge). Massive thanks to Elektron - Enjoy the holidays!

2 Likes

^ yup, transfer has been eagerly anticipated here, great to finally have it, vco is :cherries: on top :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uploaded several hunned megs worth of samples to my rytm today. The app worked without issues, although the rytm was pretty much unresponsive during transfers. If I tried to play back a pattn while transferring, all that came out from the speakers was glitchy noise.

Same here.

I mean Im all for slicing up patterns in interestingways but this was overboard :slight_smile:

I donā€™t remember C6 doing thatā€¦

So i started uploading a pile of samples to the rytm.
At first it was going ok, a bit slow, but ok.
But at some point it became slower and slower.
Itā€™s not the transfer itself, itā€™s the time between the transfers that gets longer.
Itā€™s been going for 14 hours and still going. But not even half the samples are transfered.
:frowning:
Is this normal? Anyone else has this?

I think itā€™s by design, the Digitakt does this as well, it canā€™t playback smoothly while samples are transferred using the transfer application.

crunch/elk-herd is confirmed working with rthm mki since the update, maybe try that. it is much better than the transfer app. @mzero has done some great work

https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/

hereā€™s the thread for it as well

1 Like