Transfer Application

So the current state is that the transfer app works with Analog Rytm mk2 but not yet for the mk1 right?

yeah - it seems that developments made within the OS to work with it are also tied to the upcoming release of OB which certainly requires an OS version tie-in - I guess the changes necessary(presuming there are some) could be back-ported along with the Dual-VCO m/c to the current AR OS (maintaining current OB support) but maybe thereā€™s a reason to not develop two OSs, probably just busy, but itā€™s been a long long time coming thatā€™s for sure - there better not be any minimum computer OS requirement bombs dropped as a result of that delay, that would be very bad form

1 Like

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 Like

Any news on RYTM MKI tansfer app?

1 Like

an update, please??

I just wish theyā€™d hire @void and let him do it. Strom is great at transferring samples over.

Iā€™ve been transferring all my samples over this week, so I expect theyā€™ll release the fancy new app as soon as Iā€™m done with that.

1 Like

after all that time elektron should be honest that this tool or function will never be released!

for DT we are also waiting since release ā€¦
interesting what will happen when more users will have a full +drive :thinking:

3 years can be a load of samples we have to delete/lose ā€¦

mƤƤƤhhhh :sheep:

it will get released. Just when OB v2 is finished

And when is THAT supposed to be? :wink:

Jesus, iā€™m not happy about the whole situation either but all your daily moaning doesnā€™t speed up the process. You get it??

The point isā€¦ well, I just made some nice patterns on the AR, it workedā€¦Ć¤hm, and it was fun.

ā€œBlasphemerā€¦but BUT BUUUUT IT WUZ ADVERTISEDā€¦ā€ angry posts incoming in 1ā€¦2ā€¦3ā€¦

A post was merged into an existing topic: OS Updates! Rytm MKII 1.40C, Digitakt 1.07, Digitone 1.02

Reminding has nothing to do with moaning. I wouldnā€™t ever invest too much of personal feelings into such complete company failures, fooling customers, and then not even caring to keep them informed in any qualified way: itā€™s unacceptable, and still nothing I am willing to get unhappy of.

But reminders are necessary from my view, as it perhaps is the only way how a company, which is treating their customers like that, might get aware, that their behavior will not be forgotten within days, and will definitely have consequences for future buying decisions.

Of course this does not prevent me from getting as much fun as possible from a machine, into which I invested 1670ā‚¬. This is self-understanding, even if the advertised and planned use and workflow, which led to the buying decision, turns out to be completely non-existant. Waiting myself for OB, I understand the frustration of Mk 1 users waiting for a well working tranfer tool all too well!

Simple as that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bought a new Sample Pack Concrete Ocean for some weekend music making - spent one whole day uploading samples with C6. What a nightmareā€¦

I had to to upload samples ONE BY ONE because if I would upload several of them, a folder for example, the upload process on the RYTM would just stall, while C6 looking like itā€™s going, which it wasnā€™t.

To keep going and to start process all over again, RYTM would need a hard reboot and also my Macbook would need a restart because it couldnā€™t run C6 again. It would just bounce in the dock.
(Macbook Pro 2017 w/ High Sierra 10.13.3)

So numerous restarts and reboots I just went and upload a single file one by oneā€¦looking at the screen of RYTM for every sample to get transferred before sending a new one.

How awesome is thatā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, that suxā€¦ Releasing 2transfer" is so slow i could have coded my own app while waiting. :robot:

1 Like

you still can. And likely would still be well before we get their update :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol just finished 2 days ago, new app released today! :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks so much buddy, we all appreciate it!

2 Likes

Now that we know Elektron is incapable of delivering OB2 and leaves AR mk1 users out to dry, why can I not transfer samples back to my computer over sysex?
Itā€™s been shown before that more talented coders exist outside of the Elektron team capable of fixing their shortcomings so I wonder if a: its possible, b:is such a person interested/available and c: how much money do they need?
I no longer have faith that Elektron will do whats right anytime soon but I desperately need to clear off my AR for new samples but donā€™t want to lose what I already have.
And for the record, 50% of these samples were created/captured and transferred via strom so they exist no where else.

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely with you on being willing to pay for this at this point.

We really should stop buying their products if they arenā€™t working as advertised, I donā€™t plan on buying any other Elektron hardware or software until they get their shit together. ā€œWe donā€™t have enough programmersā€ or ā€œthis is too hardā€ is no longer a valid excuse given the amount of time theyā€™ve had to get it working. Good job on flushing your reputation down the toilet Elektron.