Trainwreck: Woodstock ‘99 Netflix Documentary

Or this thread

2 Likes

Or my mum

1 Like

Would love to watch a documentary about this but the style of Netflix documentaries sets my teeth on edge. Something about the lightning-fast edits, hyper-compressed voices and the fact that music has to accompany every second of the show ‘triggers’ me in a big way. :confused:

5 Likes
20 Likes

This has fuck all to do with Woodstock '99 but damn it’s funny. :joy:

1 Like

funny, but now I really do wanna know which one of them ate the toast…

4 Likes

i watched about five minutes of social network or whatever it was called and shut it off. everything made me cringe. i hate this “factory-made” sort of crap netflix puts out. makes me feel gross.

1 Like

the only music festival i’ve been to was desert daze, a psychedelic music festival in southern California, in 2018, which i liked a lot actually. my friend and i got a hotel instead of paying for camping (ended up costing about the same, maybe a bit more), and i don’t remember there being trash everywhere. there were tons of great psych acts like king gizzard, panda bear, ariel pink, john maus, unknown mortal orchestra, and then random psych “related” acts like terry riley, sleep, boris, iggy pop, thurston moore. just tons of really great music. and also really great activities if you were in between bands. adult swim had their own room where they showed lots of weird cartoons and had bean bags, a TV wall, etc. people were set up in trailers with VR experiences.

so yeah. i would definitely do it again lol.

2 Likes

…it was obviously his mom…

and puh, that aussie who produced it…well, he fukin’ nailed it…fin…ito…period.

but no lovers without haters…and i must confess…at least on this doc, the netflix formula worked again…bottomlines of the whole profit shitshow countdown that drowned in the flames of anarchy meets toxic testosteron meets pre awareness of the last century meets hyper hyper…turns out, fred durst is a classic hi school bullie with no real balls to calm down the crowd, kiedis is, in real backstage life a first class wimp and video stockfootage of hendrix can’t meet the expectations of a final curtain call for a totally drenched out and fooled crowd of youngsters made in america, the land of the free…
handle the candle with care…

1 Like

Look forward to watching this. Seems to be a case study in the general state of the planet.

I had no idea this sort of mass abandonment took place. (My own festivals, such as they were, are decades in the past, and people may have been cavalier with their trash but they didn’t abandon gear!) Does it just all get bulldozed? Is anyone reclaiming any of this?

He ate it before going to the bathroom.

2 Likes

Yeah the clue is that the “thief” left the crusts and he doesn’t like crusts. Can’t wait for season 2.

2 Likes

That’s some confident speculation there…:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Watched the whole thing last night. The rise of mass shootings and violence were touched on, but it would have felt more meaningful to me if the film expanded on that aspect more in some way.

I went to T in the Park once.
Once.

2 Likes

A lot of it, yeah.

I don’t know what the system is now, I haven’t been down for a few years and people are a bit more conscious about plastic waste than they were back then, but when we used to go the system was pretty basic, anyone that had reason to go and collect anything of use was given a few hours to grab what they could fit in their vans and go. I presume the rest got bulldozed, as most of it was in a pretty shitty state and not worth trying to salvage

1 Like

Not a trash can in sight.

Yes the attendee’s are indeed trash, but the event promoters are toxic waste. You have to have some kind of infrastructure at an event of this size.

I think people probably feel like they were duped and leaving the trash for the event promoters to deal with is kind of a middle finger to them.

Plus once a few people leave trash everywhere, the sheep just follow. Because at some point, what’s one more tent or semen crusted mattress gonna hurt?

1 Like

Yeah, back at the turn of the century we were good enough to set fire to everything before we left.

4 Likes

If people would just drive electric cars we could finally start burning festival trash again.

8 Likes