Trainwreck: Woodstock ‘99 Netflix Documentary

Almost every music festival ever, middle class leftie flex fest, take your fucking litter home ya pricks, if you can afford £150 for a ticket you can afford a bin bag. :laughing:

11 Likes

“I’m not gonna pick up my trash, I paid for this so that YOU would. I’m a CUSTOMER here!” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This makes me feel really old as i was born in 1963 and remember watching Woodstock on the tv when it was happening. My parents were both musicians and they loved it.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the impassioned speeches from the performers highlighting the issues around climate change without any irony whatsoever :laughing: I’m a cynical prick today, must be the heat :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeh whilst belting out co2 emissions from their touring camper vans.

2 Likes

Reading Festival 2016, several hours after everyone had fucked off back to Tunbridge Wells.

I’m pretty misanthropic at the best of times, but I had no love for my species that afternoon.

Funnily enough I used to go to Reading as a punter about the same time as that Woodstock in the documentary. I’d say there are definite cultural parallels between the two, as in there was too much Nu Metal and too many aggro little Kevins in Pappa Roach T-shirts.

6 Likes

Wait, did people just leave those tents behind?

Yep.

And their food.
And their chairs.
And their sleeping bags.
And their food.
And their booze.
And their drugs.
And their random bottles of piss.
And their clothes.
And their shoes.

2 Likes

Not pictured, the trash that left all that trash.

4 Likes

An entrepreneurial sort could’ve rounded that lot up and sold it back to them the following year :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Fucking grim isn’t it?

Don’t worry though, a few days later most of them were probably gluing themselves to the M25.

:joy:

2 Likes

Nah, just the children of similarly capitalist “hippies”.

Enjoying sex, drugs and rock and roll doesn’t make a leftist.

Just look at the crowd at any jam band…

4 Likes

Could make a profitable side hustle on Craigslist selling the refuse of festival goers.

Some of it ended up in Calais and Dunkirk.

Some of it got donated to Scout clubs and the like.

A fair bit of it probably ended up on Gumtree.

But most of it, and I mean the vast majority of it, ended up in landfill.

…i have a long tradition with all kinds of open air festivals…

huuuge as fuk ones and also exclusive small ones…

no matter what…u never forget ur first open air festival…it’s a life changing experience…
if it’s not such a business ripp off clusterfuk one like that woodstock 2 disaster…
pure brand and namedropping only…loolapalooza once was also a great one and ended up, once bought by live nation in nothing but a heartless profitcircus…

since live nation discovered another big business option for their shareholders, they take over more and more once great concepts to suck 'n fuk it all up…it’s a growing nightmare…
if ur only in for the business aspect and even charge for plain water, ur in the wrong business, since the native spirit of open air festivals is to make it an overall experience of love, safe space, mindboggeling magic moments and that great feeling of dancing TOGETHER within a swarm, where everybody involved respects everbody else and all what sourrounds US…

so alternative festivals remain a great thing…
played one last weekend…and it was a peaceful magic trip three days and nights in a row…
with a very exclusively and tasteful curated line up of all kinds of feed ur brain and let loose genres on various stages…no uberego showoffs, small names, big names all as one SAME thing that came to paaaaaartyyyyyyy…
aaaaaaaand, since i knew this particular one since quite a while, i was a great dad and made it happen for my son and some of his teenage friends, to make sure they all had their first open air festival experience in the very best way and safe sourrounding u can imagine…
word…worked.

but truuth be said…whenever a bigger crowd comes together for a gathering, it needs lot’s of smart and love logistics to make it a good time for the vast majority of guests…and artists…
since u can always count on it…one out of ten is always an asshole or simply numb and dumb…in worst case both at once…

so every festival that grows beyond 10thousand guests needs quite some magic and top pro background spirit 'n logistics to not overstrech in numbers of bad individual personalities that make it one big shitshow of hatefuckery for everybody else…

6 Likes

Here in Hungary, for the Sziget festival, where Western Europeans come for an inexpensive fest, you’ll see the same thing happen and a bunch of us will go out there and collect it and donate it.

5 Likes

So…… I’m guessing no one went to 99?

1 Like

And then they head out on a tour bus that gets 4 miles per gallon…

1 Like

This is the way… Every fest Ive ever been to in the UK has ended exactly this way, entitled selfish pricks just abandoning their stuff whilst the rest of us navigate through it with our tents etc under our arms… shameful really, I’m glad I’m too old to go now…

1 Like

I like that this thread started about one single festival that sucked over twenty years ago, slowly transforming into general shitting on festivals, despite pandemic lockdowns still going on less than one year ago