Track Challenge: Go Digital

Octatrack - 6 patterns and a couple scenes.

3 Likes

I love how professional practically everyone elses sounds compared to this but here you go. My effort.

All on Digitakt, 3 patterns and some dreadful fannying about at the end (try your best to ignore 2:00-2:30ish, my broken arm was making life a little difficultā€¦!).

Samples are well out of my comfort zone but this was great for getting me up to speed on Digitakt.

7 Likes

Dude! That was great! AND with a broken arm?

The only reason I didnā€™t list that as a potential ninja mode option is because I didnā€™t want to be responsible for everybody doing that!

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Cheers mate! The broken arm made muting and control all a total nightmare haha

Really enjoyed using that sample though and was a bit of an eye opener into how powerful the DT actually is.

1 Like

Here is my contribution, and second pattern made on the Digitakt (well, third, but I accidently erased one yesterday) . Doesnā€™t change much, as Iā€™m still learning this beautiful little machine.
Made under one hour, and no processing. Just a little Normalize when bouncing it from Ableton. Recorded and made with shit speakers (DT plugged in to my 10 euros stereo), shit soundcard (built-in macbook pro one for recording), and from my sofa :slight_smile:
Got to take that baby to the studio and proper speakers some day.

1 Like

during the holiday I only managed to play like 10 minutes with the sampleā€¦ so I made one kit and two patterns on one evening back home last week and recorded it right now via overbbridgeā€¦ rytm only - no resampling

1 Like

hi all

so ive just randomly been looking in the files section and saw there was a sample for june challenge - where do they get submitted to on the forums and by when? is june for submitting in june or is june for submitting in july so you get a month?

never seen one before so just curious

cheers

jamie

The June challenge was in the Mission Briefs Sub-Zero forum, over here:

1 Like

cheers bud

Anybody is welcome to post whatever challenge submission they have whenever hey have it. The deadline is more just a structure to help substantiate it.

I failed to do this challenge myself, so Iā€™ll have to get to work myself!

1 Like

Ryan my lama-goat-poodle-loving friendā€¦ what would this community do without your high spirit and motivational skills??

4 Likes

Is this thing still going? Could try to squeeze in a lil jammin & recording around this friday.

2 Likes

I suppose theyā€™d have to solely rely on @LyingDalai and @Open_Mike for those wonderful attributes :slight_smile:

Edit: also, thanks!

3 Likes

Haha yesā€¦ both very decent human beings for sure !!! I think we should start a new LOVE thread.

3 Likes

ā€œHas Elektronauts become Scottish?ā€ Could eb the thread title :smiley:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Make it secret and Iā€™m in !
:smile:

1 Like

i really liked that slanky groove!

The funny thing is i receive the rules on my FAX :joy:

canĀ“t download the sample.
iĀ“d like to take the challenge :wink: