Track 2 muting scenes and other tracks. Help!

I hope you are doing well guys.

I am so worried because when I mute/unmute a track, scenes are being affected.

I never saw this before. Do you have any idea of what could be wrong?

Please check it here

Thanks

I have an update and this looks very bad. It is happening in all the projects

Please check

I didn’t get how it affect scenes. Do their number change?

Nothing soloed?

Any midi connected?

1 Like

Scene A unmutes when the track is muted, but behaviour is inconsistent. At first he mutes/unmutes the track multiple times and nothing happens.
Doesn’t look like some sort of midi feedback.

1 Like

Disconect all midi, create a new project, maybe even a new set, check out the Test mode

1 Like

@dv9212 Just in case if you don’t know it I’ll add that in Test Mode (Fn+Power, press Trig 1), you can check each button behavior. Each button corresponds to a led, or led combination.

If is is a midi problem, it’s like it would be processed…

If you look closely at scene A, it mutes/unmutes when I am muting track 2 but as @Schnork said, the behavior is inconsistent

1 Like

I didn’t know this, thank you. Test mode says everything is ok. Each button is working I guess because a different combination of lights is turning on when you press a key. The manual doesn’t say exactly how they are suppose to light when something is working or not. There are trigs that don’t light at all but work fine.

I created new projects and a new set. Also disconnected the midi cables and the same thing is happening. I am waiting for Elektron’s response now.

1 Like

Look

1 Like

I think you should be seeing some feedback when pressing those buttons in test mode. Haven’t messed with it on OT in a while though it may be different than the other boxes. Seems like a bad button or UI board. Have you opened an actual support ticket? Are you under warranty? either way They can get you sorted.

Yeah, I am waiting for their response. I am under warranty, I bought it in August last year. It is going to be expensive since I am in South America and I need to send it back to the States. More or less $400 for the round trip.

I contacted Perfect Circuit to see if they are able to replace the unit. If I am going to pay $400, I’d rather get a new one.

What a shame because it is the brain of my studio and I love it.

2 Likes

Oooph Yeah that shipping is brutal! very unfortunate. hoping for the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi guys, I received this answer from Elektron and I wanted to share it with you in case you have the issue down the road. Let’s wait for that update!

"I’m sorry to hear about the issue.
​
I suspect that the issue is due to a known bug, causing the wrong button to be registered sometimes using some button combinations. I have not seen a report of FUNC + T2 muting scene A before, but the behavior is identical to the reports we’ve seen of other combinations. We are working on a firmware fix that will resolve the issue after upgrading. Do I understand correctly that this is the only issue you’re experiencing after creating a new set and disconnecting all MIDI cables?

Best Regards,

Patrik - Elektron"

5 Likes

Ah, yeah, I thought I’d heard about similar things happening on Mk2s in previous posts, but wasn’t entirely sure.

Sounds like it won’t take ages for a bug fix to be released. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This?

1 Like

When I tested different but similar issues, each individual button responded like normal but some button combos were weird. Like a toggle on/off instead of hold in the test mode.

Did you try the combos in test mode?

That’s it, the combos are the ones giving trouble. Sorry for my ignorance but I do not know what to expect from the test mode.

I tried the combo FUNC+T2 in test mode and trig 2 led is on. Does it mean is fine?

The manual is not clear about that test mode.