Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

5 Likes

I guess I could have included the image. :sweat_smile:

This thing is definitely leveled up if they hit that stretch goal and deliver.

1 Like

But would you have fixed the typo ?

Putting in the amount of CV that they did definitely opens this up to another market, Eurorack users. I am picturing that they somehow allow you to map the CV IN to the various controls.

Clock OUT, but no Clock IN. Clock IN might have been a pain to implement.

I think it’s likely they hit the stretch goal. Will they add another goal ?

3 Likes

Caught it.
Interesting… Seems like they’re assuming it will be best as master, or as Ableton being master… Odd constraint.

Here’s the full text, for posterity:

Our number one request has been adding CV/gate to make T-1 speak the language of modular and analog gear. To accommodate your request we are introducing CV/gate as a stretch goal of 1.000.000 DKK / 150K USD

If we can make it to the stretch goal, we will add 2 voices (gate, pitch, velocity) + 1 Clock out + 1 CV in

Ableton Link-enabled clock output – Adding a Clock output to the T-1 would bring one very exciting feature - the T-1 would be an Ableton Link to clock converter! This way, you could sync your analog gear to your DAW, Link-enabled apps and other Link-enabled devices.

CV modulation of all parameters – The CV input would bring CV controlled modulation of all parameters on the T-1. This is achieved by allowing you to sample and hold the CV input into a 16-step modulation sequence on every track, which can be used to modulate all parameters.

All this will be available directly on the unit – without the need for configuration in the companion software!

2 Likes

That’s better than i expected, if i fully understand what they are saying. They didn’t include this detail in the e-mail they sent to me.

So you can capture a CV “image” into modulation sequences – one for every track. Do i understand that correctly ? And then you connect those to modulate various parameters ?
Powerful. We’ll see how clear that is to use.

ADDED: I wonder if this sequence modulation data gets stored if you save the patch ? I could see working out some interesting modulations and storing them. And then do these sequence modulations get modified by other controls, like the Euclidean changes – probably not. but this opens up all sorts of things anyways.

3 Likes

Stretch goal, achieved! Let the waiting begin!

3 Likes

And there’s still 11 days left, time for everyone to get involved.

2 Likes

This got cleaned up!

2 gates
4 CV

Clock in/out (glad that got sorted)
Reset in/out

I know it’s just naming, but I like that it’s 4 CV out instead of breaking down pitch/velocity. I’m assuming(Hoping) that makes assigning outputs more flexible.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they let you use the modulation lanes as CV outs, kinda excited for it.

2 Likes

Also, I just noticed this bit! (emphasis mine)

1 Like

That’s a huge plus! Will feel faster than locking into the light pad feedback.

1 Like

They’ve posted an update. The CV in is sample and hold!

“The CV input will bring CV controlled modulation of all parameters on the T-1. This is achieved by allowing you to sample and hold the CV input into a 16-step modulation sequence on every track, which can be used to modulate all parameters.”

Link to KS post

2 Likes

Less than 24 hours left to back this with Kickstarter.

December is their scheduled ship date.

3 Likes

Yeah I hope that nifty little case for it gets funded too.

4 Likes

very happy they reached their stretch goal for CV and detented knobs. snagged a discounted order when the campaign went live, can’t wait for it to ship. it’ll be a little christmas present from myself lol

3 Likes

It’s definitely stepped up since the initial announcement. Those CV/Gate options make it massively more useful. The case is a nice bonus if they make that funding. I’m not complaining if they don’t, but I think the better the funding, the easier their progress will be toward shipping. They seem to have it together, though - parts sourced and all.

5 Likes

Does the CV stretch goal means that I could build a tiny eurorack setup to go with my Digitone: meaning the T-1 would be sequencing the Digitone and as well providing modulation and randomness to two modules (for example Morphagene+Clouds) at the same time?

I don’t think it will do any modulation.

You can record a CV modulation source, and apply it via CV. This info has mostly been through the newsletter. They haven’t updated their parameter walkthrough PDF for the CV features.

It does do modulation. Mostly, it’s “random,” but there appear to be different meanings to that word in terms of how the euclidian sequencer repeats.

3 Likes

Pre orders are open

1 Like