Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Ah missed that only checked the Loopop’s video. So can the patterns be saved without a computer or will it need a computer to save/load patterns. ?

Loopop saved patterns right there on the device, in the video. You can also create variations in a pattern, and save them to another, preserving the original pattern.

Edit: I’m making a leap here, but it seems you can only offload/backup/swapout projects with a computer. Which makes total sense. But 256 patterns of exploration without dealing with software sounds great to me.

From what I’m seeing, it only stores 256 patterns at a time.

4 Likes

Thanx missed that, not enough sleep lol Will check the video again. :slight_smile:

Seems a little like the NDLR, except different of course.

Nice form factor.

edit: loopop just made the same NDLR comparison as I was watching his YT just after I posted that, so it is still a brilliant personal observation of mine :smile:

4 Likes

Conceptually, I think so.

Where I like this more than NDLR:

1. Very little menu diving. NDLR has a ton of menus.
  2. Percussion. NDLR is really about melodies and progressions. It utterly fails at sequencing percussion.
  3. Modulation. NDLR does it, but again, LFOs going to places is menu-divey. T-1 looks very quick.
  4. Workflow. I don’t care how amazing a thing is… workflow is king for idea generation. I’ve enjoyed the NDLR for a few things, and will continue using it, but outside of quick progressions, getting variation out of it takes some menu diving.
5 Likes

I quite like the NDLR as a very niche thing, totally agree with your points.
I’m surprised the NDLR folks haven’t recognised that it could be so nicely repurposed as a generative / euclidian beat maker with just a few modified internal machines.

kudos for torso apparently achieving this in such an elegant way.

2 Likes

Completely agree with all of this. NDLR sounded, on-paper, like everything I needed/wanted feature-wise. It turned out to be a little bit of a letdown for playing live because of the depth of menu-diving. I’m most likely selling it once I get T1 if it’s as easy-to-use as the videos make it look.

Where’d he do that?

in the 24th minute

The NDLR has become a fun tool to come up with fun progressions and practice playing [sax] over those changes. I also really like it for making ear candy to vary different verses or choruses.

1 Like

the NDLR, being musical and more complex by a factor, doesn’t lend itself as well to the very nice GUIless interface the T1 has

2 Likes

Yes, NDLR just was too slow for my workflow. I don’t want to wait 6mos considering i have a backlog of things anywhere between a year and 2 for some crowdfunded items, but i’ll happily check this out when live!

1 Like

Anyone, a price?

info upthread. 511 USD, a little cheaper early bird but I think they’re all spoken for now?

1 Like

I’m definitely interested in this thing but not going to put money down on something then wait at least 6 months… I’ll wait until it’s out and production version tested

2 Likes

Yep same here. Looks really cool, but I’ll wait until it’s available.

2 Likes

It was fully funded in 15 mins so I would assume so :slight_smile:

Exactly. While I’ve definitely put money down assuming things would be ready in less… I try not to intentionally wait that long out. I’m happy that others can do so to help make my purchase possible!

1 Like

Amazing. Now of the fence vs dedicated eurocase for exactly this - like drums…

They just released an update:

USB C is happening!

They just added 2CV voices and Clock out, CV in as a stretch goal! 150k goal. Currently at 122k.

This adds 8 3.5mm jacks to the back of the thing. I wonder if they can maintain their timeline.

2 Likes