Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Cycles isn’t powered by it. You don’t have to worry about losing master clock because the center pin of the micro USB port has worn out or corroded. It’s a fairly common problem with Android phones till certified USB-C cables.

2 Likes

Of course, my bad.

Anyone tempted by early bird prices: 400 EUR / 446 USD ?

They released another video, this one with Digitakt, D-05 and Eurorack.

We’re at Kickstart minus 7 (days) and counting.

2 Likes

I am for sure.

If I can get in at that price, I’m very interested. Curious what time of that day it will go live.

That would be good to know, and also how many “a limited amount of early bird offers” really is ? Will they sell out in ten seconds, or be up for days ? It’s impossible to say.

They’re in Denmark so is it midnight on the 7th in Denmark time ? Perhaps there will be more information later in the week from KS.

2 Likes

Oh heck yes. And that video was Awesome (with a capital A). The interface looks really quick for coming up with motifs that just sound good.

2 Likes

This thing… I agree, from looking at the videos it seems really promising. I might get two if there is a discount involved for buying a pair

I reached out and asked about the micro USB port-

Hi! We are still considering a few different updates to the hardware - One of them is changing to USB C - we will probably make it as a stretch goal for the Kickstarter

Hurrah!

4 Likes

Excellent. I hope this has some active devs behind it, i’d love to see it get even quirkier. I still somewhat want the Toraiz Squid but it needs more firmware love it sounds like.

I expect to see more support here than with the Squid. The Toraiz Squid was released by Pioneer DJ, which has had a very spotty history of firmware and post-release support. One only need to look at some of the worst critical system crash bugs on the CDJ2000NXS’s and CDJ2000NXS2’s that still haven’t been fixed, years later…

1 Like

Ha!! My Squid just arrived today so I’ll be finding out very shortly how good, bad or indifferent the firmware is… crucially though, the features it already has are what I’m looking for. In fact, if I hadn’t just got that I’d maybe be a stick on for the T1 as that new demo is really inspiring. I definitely probably almost can’t maybe should not be able to justify this in addition to the Squid…

Let’s see how it goes. But I reckon if they were to release a 15/20minute Loopop (or Loopop style) tutorial video to make real clear how it functions then it’d have a great impact on uptake.

It really is a beautiful piece of equipment though.

1 Like

Like the look of this for streamlined simplicity and form factor, but awfully close to a pyramid in price which has quite a few more tricks up its sleeve once you surrender to learning its process

This looks very interesting to me and that early bird price is just about right imo. I can’t see myself using it in a live/stage situation but for happy accidents in the studio, this looks like the business. I’d probably just record an hour of it into a DAW with a box or two, tweaking whatever, whenever, then slice up the best bits for use later on. Actually with the multi tracking of OB Elektrons, this could produce a treasure trove of little ideas for later use.

1 Like

So that means if they are still redoing pcb and case design that ship date will be further out. I really prefer the Kickstarters where everything is ready to go and we’re just putting money up for the build.

1 Like

That’s a pre-order to me :stuck_out_tongue: I like that, based on funding, the design can change based on what users want. Nothing beats a proper UAT than a whole bunch of real-life users around the world of different skillsets using it.

2 Likes

Are they adding a user acceptance testing phase to this too? That really pushes the schedule out.

We’ll see soon enough what’s on plan. Good of you Verispellis for contacting Torso and asking them about the USB.

BTW: It’s not pre-ordering when they take your money and use that money to fund the build. Pre-order is generally where you sign-up and they bill you when they are going to ship. There is a lot more risk when your money is being used to fund the expenses of a build. And a lot more risk beyond that when they’re doing user acceptance testing, re-engineering the design, and a pcb redesign and a mechanical redesign, and firmware changes – and who knows what else.

I am intrigued by this sequencer, but Torso said it won’t be shipping until 6 months after the Kickstarter, which means It is a ways out from being completed.

1 Like

Thanks for the info HMB.

We’ll see for sure in 36 hours or so.

Rule of thumb for me is to double (or triple) kickstarter time estimates.

If the price discount and schedule so far discussed turns out to be true – i’ll just wait, much as i like this product. The discount isn’t enough to justify the risk and wait – i’ll just order later, on most kickstarter projects the wait usually isn’t that much more for a regular order.

But we’ll see. I would probably pledge if at deadline they were still short of their target, and the project was about to be canceled, but i don’t see that happening.

3 Likes

if there’s one thing i’ve learned with the handful of kickstarters i’ve supported is that i’m not always in the same place as i was when i backed the project. i’m currently waiting for a pipes sampler which i’m thinking of flipping once we finally get it.

but yes, ^ this entirely. i had my eye on this sequencer, but eventually turned to the NDLR mostly due to its availability, price and specific way of doing things that is much different than what’s currently provided.

excited to see the T1 be put through its paces though…oh so much to play with in this day of age.

2 Likes