Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

So what’s the verdict gentlemen? I’m checking my email every 5 mins waiting for that delivery tracking email. Cant wait to give this thing a whirl

1 Like

I’ve only had about 90minutes with it over two evenings. It’s fun to think less and just set some parameters. I think the cycles feature is really where the magic happens. That’s where I’m doing most of the chord progressions inside just one pattern. Really quick, honestly.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued by the silence. Does it mean its an interesting idea but no good, or are you early adopters all enjoying it so much you don’t have time to write?

Yes, I´m also very curious. Would love to see new videos on YT, but they´re somehow not coming. Maybe on the weekend?

1 Like

Oh, it’s really good :smiley:
I think most people have only just received them and it does take some time to get into it. I have made a number of tracks with it so far and I’ll try to find the best pieces to jam with quite soon.

2 Likes

Looking forward to more videos!

Is there a way to chain patterns? or have a pattern play x-times and then have rests (play empty pattern) for x-times?

I think I heard this play-rest pattern feature in one of the videos but can seem to find it in the user manual (which IMO could use some better explanations of the different terminology)

I want one so badly, i think its the best partner for my Vermona perfourmer

1 Like

Yesterday I came across this T1-video about Ableton Link.
And I like the “freeform” like jam a lot.
Somehow it seems to me kinda “elastic”.

Did you check these reviews posted above? They should provide most, if not all infos about the Torso T1:

I am waiting for my electronic playground to arrive in May.

If you’re only concerned with feedback from gentlemen, I’ll excuse myself.

1 Like

ok rough-guy…

1 Like

I don’t think so but there are 16 cycles for each track in a pattern so that might be able to do some of what you want. Also these guys are going to keep adding improvements and features so maybe it’ll come. But switching patterns is really easy and you can quantize it so that you can change pattern in advance.

I’m still getting familiarized with the controls here, but I wanted to interject with an anecdote about build quality. I was moving my setup around when my cat ran over me, and I dropped my T1. It hit the floor, and there was a small mark on the corner where it had hit the floor.

I was heart-broken because I had just received it, until I rubbed at the mark, and then I realized that it had left a dent in my floor, and the T1 itself was undamaged. Superb build quality compared to stuff coming out in recent years.

9 Likes

:grin: :cat:

How big is the CAT ? My cat does that to me all the time, the monster.

Good story, impressed with the ruggedness of the T1 !

1 Like

Floor’s gotta learn sometime.

3 Likes

It’s awesome and I have a video planned but I’ve been super busy so haven’t got around to doing that yet! But based on my experience so far, it might just be the best sequencer I have used.

5 Likes

With which Synth / Drummachine / whatever would it make sense to connect the T1-Sequencer?
Rather something polyphonic, monophonic, with a lot of release or little, etc.

Connect?

Anything?

Yes of course anything, I know. :slight_smile:
I would like to talk about what makes sense for yourself from a stylistic-sonical or ergonomical point of view.

For example Soarer uses a Kodamo FM Synth in combination with the T1.
Probably it’s a polyphonic patch.
Does he tweak also the sound in real time, while he’s knob twiddling the T1?
Or would it be sonical and practical “too much” to alter both in real time?

Another question I have on my mind:
Is the T1 rather usable for short sounds (because you alter the composition in real time so quick) or could it be also used for long “ambient” sounds with a long release? How will it music? (to quote Hainbach)

1 Like