Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Like I mentioned above I think something like the vermona perfourmer is perfect for it. You have 4 different voices which can be used in mono on 4 different channels, or on the same channel, or in poly. You can tweak the synth parameters in real time and change the sound.
Then you can tweak the t1 to change the melody/rhythm. You can use its random feature to have it changing constantly. These 2 complement each other very well.

1 Like

Pretty much everything you ask about will work. If you are using the T-1 with a polyphonic and multi-timbral synth like the EFM you will get more out of it within a simple setup. But you can have it included in your chain of hardware devices and have it send sequences to all of those which I think will be really interesting. It’s also fun to discover how much you can do with just one single polyphonic/monophonic sound like a kick or a plucky sound like the one I used in my video. You can do a lot with a single sound and a single track from the T-1! Connecting it to the Digitone is fun but also a bit limiting since you can only use the T-1 with four sounds if you are not using the DN sequencer (The Digitones Multi Map is probably excellent here).

I will definitely be tweaking both the sequences of the T-1 and the synth that I use since I think the more active an electronic music artist can be in a performance the better.
For a busy track it’s probably better with shorter sounds but the T-1 is really excellent for ambient with long sustained sounds too. Here you can set less pulses or higher random values for less triggering of notes.

1 Like

A new video is online.
Richard Devine`s first jam.

2 Likes

From stuff I personally heard from Richard Devine over the years, this little sequence seems surprisingly melodic, which I feel to be a good thing regarding the Torso T1. Good teaser until I get mine :wink:

Is there anything known, what gear/software he triggers with the T1 in this video?

Check his track Takara from Sort/Lave. It is really melodic and beautiful.
No idea what he uses there, maybe it’s just samples to make the job easier.

The T-1 is sublime for melodic work since you can move freely around within scales (if you want to).

2 Likes

Nice track by Devine, thanks for sharing. Probably rare finds I guess, but I am not familiar with his releases over the last years anymore, mostly I find only his dedicated free jazz glitch stuff, which is less easy listening for me, maybe for others though.

Do you find the workflow to be sufficient enough to stay creative? Talking especially about some button combinations with bottom, right pads as they offer some additional options to dive deeper. Probably a matter of getting to know them after a while, I guess…?

Thanks!

I check YT, Twitter & FB daily, but somehow no new videos (with musical content like jams or so) are popping up.
:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

I’m slowly getting there. I’ve made some tracks I like and want to play and jam over.
Is there anything else you would like to see? I could make a video where I go through some of the features and show their effect on sounds… (No promises though).

4 Likes

Eleven, new, short tutorials made by by Torso Electronics are up since today, less interesting musical content, but anyway, here is Nr. 1, next ones at end of video:

3 Likes

New manual as well:

1 Like

just a little correction: those tutorial-videos are online since two weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh damn :roll_eyes:, I thought they are super new. Received an Email notification by Torso Electronic about those videos today, so I thought they are still hot as hell. Sorry about that :grin:

1 Like

Oh thanks, that´s nice!
If I think spontaneously about it, I would like to hear a jam with two or three tracks, where the rythms are shifting in realtime.

Other than that I would like to see the “tonal section” (pitch, harmony, scale, and root) and the “groove section” (velocity, sustain, accent, groove, timing, delay, and probability) explored in a jam.
Could be also two or more jams :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_EapGJwaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch1arnT9ato

1 Like

Haha I’ll be busy for some time then :sweat_smile:
I’ll definitely do the jams where I have plenty of tracks going and I think it could be fun to do some exploring and changing of various parameters of the T-1 in a separate video.

2 Likes

A new T1 video / track by Kevin Stahl.

"Generative Music Exp. N° 6 // Featuring the T-1 from Torso Electronics

I finally received my Torso Electronics T-1 from the Kickstart campaign that I backed. This simple 4 track pattern is my first experiment with the T-1. The interesting harmonies come from the default Tetra and Iwato scales with healthy doses of randomization of nearly all other parameters. It’s algorithmic and generative capabilities are so musical and accessible that performing live with the T-1 would be a breeze. I’ll be primarily using it’s interesting algorithmic approach in the studio. After about a week with the T-1, I know this will be making appearances in my next film scores and soundtrack projects."

5 Likes

“First Jam with Torso T-1 algorithmic sequencer. Deluge, Digitone, Eurorack modular” by Synthdad

“The Torso T-1 is an algorithmic generative sequencer. Instead of programming notes into a grid you give it a set of parameters and it generates melodies and rhythms for you. Think of it as an idea factory; you give it an outline of what you want to create and it fills in the details. This is my first attempt at using it (I only got it yesterday!) so I’m a bit rough here. I’m sequencing everything over MIDI. The Deluge provides the drum sounds, which are sequenced by patterns 2-5 on the top row. Pattern 1 sequences the Digitone track 1. I’m also playing a pad sound from the Deluge to offset the melody created by the T-1. Then I play tracks 3 and 4 on the Digitone with a different set of drums sequenced from the T-1, and sounded by the Deluge. Finally the modular is sequenced by patterns 15 and 16 on the T-1. They send MIDI into the Deluge which converts it into CV and gate information for the Klavis Twin Waves dual oscillator. Clock and run signals are sent from the Deluge into Pamelas New Workout, which in turn clocks two shift registers in Ornament and Crime to generate modulation values to send into the filter and reverb effect. Audio from the modular goes back through the Deluge. Overall this was fun to put together - the T-1 is very playable and few quick turns of a knob can result in a whole new sound coming out.”

2 Likes

# Torso Electronics t-1 / SequencerTalk Jams (Part 1)
by SequencerTalk

3 Likes

Slightly more interested than I were five minutes ago.

1 Like

Because the picture includes a Blackbox ? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Baby Buddha and the potted plant did it for me !

I’m so over props.

1 Like