Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

I had another very interesting session and demonstration of the T-1 last night where Jonas showed some insane sequences with it :smiley:

What I found astonishing was how this fast midi note modulation sequencing can be used to make a lot of very musical expressions ranging from all kinds of shifting rhythms and orchestral endings to bouncing balls and fast strums - just playing a single plucky sound with it. Really impressive and fun and something I’m looking much forward to be experimenting with using it with my hardware instruments.

6 Likes

I’m really looking forward to it! Closing in on shipping time!

1 Like

I should have gotten in on the Kickstarter for this, looks amazingly flexible and inspiring. Currently waiting on a used version to show up on eBay.

1 Like

Massively excited for this after watching a few videos, this will be an amazing tool for generating quick ideas and variations on the fly.

1 Like

Update to backers and pre-orderers today! Pretty excited to experiment with mine.

T-1 is here!

We are excited to announce that the T-1 is finally here. After years of development and countless prototypes, we are thrilled to see the first production units arriving from our manufacturer.

We want to thank you all again for your patience and fantastic support! We can’t wait to hear the music you will make with the T-1!

For those who are interested, there are still some units available for pre-order.

Shipping info

We are almost on schedule in terms of fulfilling pre-orders, but Covid-19 is giving us some slight delays. Here’s a quick overview of the shipping status:

Kickstarter units: Shipping will start on Monday. We will receive multiple shipments throughout April, and except that all Kickstarter units will be delivered by the end of the month.

Pre-order batch 1: Expected to ship by the end of April.

Pre-order batch 2: Expected to ship by the end of May.

1 Like

1st batch is sold out…

Had to take a order, this thing has something I want. I bet it will be fun!!

Decided against the Oxi One Hardware Sequencer, sigh :cry: :laughing:

I too have ordered. Looks like it could really help when developing ideas. I also looked and considered the oxi, but thought this looked more suitable for getting inspiration. Really looking forward to hooking it up with bitwig and my DN.

1 Like

Video tutorials and manual are up!

https://www.torsoelectronics.com/resources

4 Likes

This one doesn’t do traditional sequencing at all, right? You gotta take the dive here and accept that life and midi sequences are random, with more or less control, right?

1 Like

Not right.

You can enter or subtract trigs manually as you’d like.

The key functionality is Euclidean pulses added or subtracted, but you can edit as you please.

4 Likes

Ah, thank you.

Tempting. The form factor invites.

1 Like

Picked up my T-1 yesterday here i Copenhagen :star_struck:

5 Likes

OMG!!! Please let us know how it is and if your feeling funky, some vidoes would be awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

!!!

Congrats, waiting on mine (second batch)

1 Like

Curious how it performs in live use

Here’s my first video with the T-1. It’s still very new so I only played some patterns and did a bit of knob turning. I’m sequencing just one sound from the EssenceFM with a long release and reverb. Some effects from Octatrack.

I really like this sequencer :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

I’m order number #256 so shouldn’t be long now :slight_smile: I’ll be paring it with my OT + Modular.

Still heartbroken I missed the early bird for this, it’s an amazing product.

Very nice! The title is quite apt! Looking forward to hearing more of what you can all achieve with this. I’m also very interested and was on the fence with the early bird.

1 Like

Beautiful jam, would love to hear more!

2 Likes