Timetosser FX box

I do wish they’d try some different names for the device

1 Like

how is this any better than a Kaoss Pad for example?

It’s newer ?
If it’s cheap it might compete , as mentioned kpad is under £200 2nd hand , audio into a cheap tr8 will do scatter and octatrack can do this stuff though it’s towards £600+ 2nd hand

But it’s small and convenient , sometimes that’s enough.
Time tumbler
Time twister
Time tamer

1 Like

Timetosser is the greatest name for anything ever.

6 Likes

Too me just having buttons as opposed to an xy pad in a tiny device to do beat jumping makes it more appealing than a Kaoss Pad.
If the signal is louder than a Kaoss Pad, even better.

1 Like

I like the form factor, other than that it seems a bit limited IMHO
Wish we could have something similar in format, but for transitioning between patterns on Elektron machines:
sampler with different time lengths (say 1/2/4/8 bars), crossfader to shift from input to loop, EQ (lo/mid/hi) for both the input and the recorded loop.
I’ve pitched this idea so many times now… hehe

1 Like

Missed opportunity not having a tosspot knob.

And they could have had fun with a bypass switch too, tossoff.

:laughing:

11 Likes

why do the eight buttons trigger the same slice all the time, it makes no sense to have 8 buttons do the same, instead it would have been nice if every button would trigger a different slice in the loop and the ability to record patterns is missing too.

1 Like

I thought thats what it was doing, maybe I missed that.
I basically want BeatLookUp functionality in a tiny hardware device

Using it too often makes you go blind

2 Likes

Hi Dibek, Tim here (from alter.audio).
The 8 buttons don’t do the same thing really. Timetosser is basically a quantised audio delay. For every button you move further to the right gives you one extra step of delay in your audio signal (with the steps being selectable to 1/4(T), 1/8(T) and 16(T)). The sound you will hear when pressing a button on the top row depends on when you press it. This way, by playing patterns, you’re able to reconstruct the incoming music rithmically. There will be patterns that you can you can trigger when holding down a button, I’m currently working on a nice way to make these user programmable / recordable. You can always use the MIDI input to sequence it though.

9 Likes

Hi Tim. I like your product, I think there’s probably a pretty good market for it too but you do know what tosser means in the UK and quite a few other territories, right?
This isn’t me having a dig, I actually really like the name, but I’m quite an edgy bastard. Just making sure we’re all on the same page.
Again, genuinely not trying to take the piss. I’d hate for you to put hard work and care into making a product, only to find a bunch of dickheads from the UK, Australia and the like taking the piss because we can’t hear the word tosser without losing our shit.

2 Likes

Oh man, I read the thread, then afterwards watched the video. The one with the young lass saying ‘timetosser’ is pure gold!

Sorry @timistof , but Jazz Jerker, Warp Wanker or Funk Fapper are probably not a good idea either… :wink:

1 Like

It looks very nice, are there other fx planned for it, like delay with phaser/filter/flanger/decay/reverb/srr etc? Also does it have handling to avoid clicks and pops where the non zero crossing occurs?

Yeah we’re qiute aware of it… but the name just fits too well to what it does. If it offends a few people in the process then so be it. I guess we could always change the name if it really poses a problem, maybe Wavewanker? :wink:

17 Likes

We have a few ideas, but first let’s see how this crowdfunding pans out! There are short crossfades to do away with clicks, yes.

2 Likes

I doubt you’ll offend anyone. Amuse for sure, but I doubt offend.
Best of luck with your endeavours.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

trs midi IO would be nice for future features:
slice sequencing/live glitching/granulator/looper
use as pad trigger

Charles Chicky Reeves basically endorses this product saying, "I would definitely use this thing live."

It’s a good sign for a product when anyone on Sonic Talk gives such a strong and inspired, impromptu endorsement. He has a real professional use for this product that’s part of his “brand”.

He’s been doing videos lately as well – will he be doing one on the Timetosser ?

A good suggestion too that they need to have a Kickstarter level where you can just buy the T-Shirt !

Anyone here want a Timetosser T-Shirt ?