Thom Yorke

What version Octatrack is Thom Rocking lol

Im guessing MK1

Iā€™m not paying no 15 quid to listen to some garbage sounding sampler.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the futurešŸ„“
Could be worse. Watching Abba holograms for Ā£300

6 Likes

And for the reasons @jamesstiff listed and that it cuts down on the massive emissions touring creates (until it goes sustainable), Iā€™m here for it.

Video and sound quality will just continue to get better. Split that fee with some friends. Good times.

4 Likes

Friends?

4 Likes

Creeps?

1 Like

Musicians got to get paid somehowā€¦

3 Likes

Now Zuckerbergā€™s VR wet dream is making much more sense. Everyone will need their own headset and ticket to ā€œattendā€ the gig in the near future. Screen sharing is the devil :joy:

6 Likes

Watch someone figures out how to DRM share screen.

1 Like

Their many devoted sleuths may suspect that, in the long tradition of stratospherically successful, decade-spanning rock groups, the guys just donā€™t love hanging out together anymore. (When Ed Oā€™Brien released his solo album last year, he admitted that only the drummer Phil Selway had asked to hear it.)

Fair enough.

A decent look at the gear in that article. Really looking forward to the album (And MKI! :heart_eyes:)

2 Likes

Yeah MK1 Octa :slight_smile:

Wasnā€™t too keen on the second single but look forward to the album

A kind human on the Reddit shared a rip of Saturday nightā€™s set. Itā€™s only up for one day, so go check it out now if youā€™re interested:

I will note, I will be buying whatever these guys want to sell me, so Iā€™ll happily hand over my money. I also donā€™t think what they were asking for the stream was too much. They offer a high quality, thoughtfully produced product. They deliver. Theyā€™ve invested decades into their craft and theyā€™re still bringing it. I love supporting artists of this calibre and Iā€™m grateful theyā€™re still at it.

7 Likes

Yeah, but Ā£15 for a livestream thoughā€¦

Heā€™s come a long way since the old ā€œpay what you likeā€ days.

3 Likes

Do the people who help set it up/tech/roadies etc. deserve pay? Would you live stream for free?

2 Likes

No, not free, but Ā£15 is taking the piss.

Putting it on YouTube for free would have made them a few quid too, Iā€™d expect, probably less than hosting it yourself and charging Ā£15 a pop though.

How many people did watch and pay 15 pound?

I remember when Nick Cave did that livestream during lockdown, pretty sure it was also Ā£15, or slightly more. They advertised it as your only chance to see this concert.

Then released it as a film and album later. Bastard(s).

1 Like

thatā€™s why I watch such concerts only with my lawyer!

2 Likes

The credits were massive. It took a lot of people to put it together and have them on the clock for 24 hours straight. The price seemed extremely fair in that sense. I think when I saw Radiohead the ticket was 50 dollars, which again seems fair considering the size of the crew. Those people all deserve to make a decent wage.

15 Likes