Thom Yorke

Every single drum sound in this track could be recreated with a digitone and FM synthesis in general .

I just found this. So impressive.

6 Likes

Yeah, Binkbeats is amazing.

Just found this new performanceā€¦

These performances strengthen my impression of thisā€¦ Him and piano (and a little make noise shared system support). Just beautiful.

8 Likes

His voice is sounding incredible here. The Bloom performances is the perfect balance of electronic wizardy and superb musicianship and songwriting. What an artist.

4 Likes

I absolutely love that version of bloom, his voice just soars. My favourite artist for sure along with Radiohead.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s in his modular? Some sort of delay and looper?

That is a Make Noise Black and Gold Shared System Plus, which has a Morphogene in it. Morphogene can be a looper.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m fairly certain heā€™s using morphogene and the erb-verb too.

2 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Radiohead

If anyone watched any of The Smile concerts today, he had an Octatrack in his rig

4 Likes

Yup. OT in one rig and a Moog matriarch and that Waldorf string synth (I canā€™t remember the name of it). Definitely liking what Iā€™ve heard so far from The smile not surprised considering itā€™s Thom yorke and Jonny greenwood. I donā€™t know the name of the drummer but he was killing it. There isnā€™t a project that Thom has been involved in that I didnā€™t love

3 Likes

It was so flipping good and that drummer was on point!

1 Like

Where? How can I watch this? FOMO

2 Likes

It looked like the Octatrack was only being used a sequencer.

2 Likes

Fuck me.

Ā£15 for a livestream is taking the piss a bit.

3 Likes
6 Likes

You might be right. However in my case, it was small price to pay to avoid standing behind self-absorbed ā€œfansā€, talking loudly through the entire gig while burning my retinas with their brighter-than-the-sun phone screens. I got to enjoy it from the comfort of my sofa with decent ale that didnā€™t cost me Ā£7 per can.

21 Likes

Does anyone else feel a little confused about this new band? I mean, Colin and Ed at least have always wanted to rock. Thom and Johnny finally do too and they work with others? (and no shade to Tom Skinner whoā€™s fucking phenomenal)

Iā€™m not like outraged or anythingā€¦Iā€™m just curious if anyone else feels this wayā€¦still sounds amazing and excited for the albumā€¦

3 Likes