Thom Yorke

His voice is sounding incredible here. The Bloom performances is the perfect balance of electronic wizardy and superb musicianship and songwriting. What an artist.

4 Likes

I absolutely love that version of bloom, his voice just soars. My favourite artist for sure along with Radiohead.

4 Likes

What’s in his modular? Some sort of delay and looper?

That is a Make Noise Black and Gold Shared System Plus, which has a Morphogene in it. Morphogene can be a looper.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m fairly certain he’s using morphogene and the erb-verb too.

2 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Radiohead

If anyone watched any of The Smile concerts today, he had an Octatrack in his rig

4 Likes

Yup. OT in one rig and a Moog matriarch and that Waldorf string synth (I can’t remember the name of it). Definitely liking what I’ve heard so far from The smile not surprised considering it’s Thom yorke and Jonny greenwood. I don’t know the name of the drummer but he was killing it. There isn’t a project that Thom has been involved in that I didn’t love

3 Likes

It was so flipping good and that drummer was on point!

1 Like

Where? How can I watch this? FOMO

2 Likes

It looked like the Octatrack was only being used a sequencer.

2 Likes

Fuck me.

£15 for a livestream is taking the piss a bit.

3 Likes
6 Likes

You might be right. However in my case, it was small price to pay to avoid standing behind self-absorbed “fans”, talking loudly through the entire gig while burning my retinas with their brighter-than-the-sun phone screens. I got to enjoy it from the comfort of my sofa with decent ale that didn’t cost me £7 per can.

21 Likes

Does anyone else feel a little confused about this new band? I mean, Colin and Ed at least have always wanted to rock. Thom and Johnny finally do too and they work with others? (and no shade to Tom Skinner who’s fucking phenomenal)

I’m not like outraged or anything…I’m just curious if anyone else feels this way…still sounds amazing and excited for the album…

3 Likes

What version Octatrack is Thom Rocking lol

Im guessing MK1

I’m not paying no 15 quid to listen to some garbage sounding sampler.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the future🥴
Could be worse. Watching Abba holograms for £300

6 Likes