The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

had the syntak a little while now and the only thing i was is: better hihats and cymbals. i’m not in the “why can’t they add sample playback” camp but would it be really hard to allocate a tiny bit of storage/processing power to a few crunchy cymbal waveforms?

8 Likes

they have to be coming at some point. I’d guess.

1 Like

it’s the one thing that stops the syntakt being a true “all in one” box for me. sort the cymbals out and i can probably put my TR-6S away

2 Likes

I think the Erica Perkins implementation of the sample voice could be perfect for the Syntakt.

A very limited sample engine. No user import even. Just some pre-selected and tonally diverse sample material like some symbals, snares, maybe a guitar pluck and some chords, p bass thump thing. Maaaaaybe some MD esque kicks.

Limited controls.

Pitch, Start, End, Loop toggle.
Punch, SRR, BRR,

Just enough to wet out whistle with sample manipulation and make us think “Damn, imagine if I had a whole Digitakt beside this Syntakt.”

6 Likes

That would be like a red rag to a bull for those wanting a fuller sample playback capability.

They could take a leaf out of Sonic Poyions/Erica Synths book, as they use samples for the transients on the lxr-02.

You can use just the transient, for a very nice hat.

1 Like

yea i think so too, a mixer / sampler / performance box is comming.

something like an ocatamix or architakt :sunglasses:

they just released a bunch of hardware cables to make sure people know they sell cables so when a mixer or sampler is released everything can be connected with elektron cables.
they also recently “squeezed everything out of the digitakt” with the latest update to make sure the last units are being sold.

Am I the only one that loves the ride cymbal they added from the rytm ? That was my goto because of the 3 oscs. But yeah we need 20 more digital machines let’s go ! I love you syntakt !

2 Likes

Autechretakt!

1 Like

I’ll take 20 MD kicks pls

1 Like

i might be wrong but i’m pretty sure sy bits can do pwm and also can technically be a digital noise machine

it’s nice to know i’m not the only one who accidently deletes trigs often enough to hypothetically consider a solution for it lol

5 Likes

One feature I’d like to see on all Elektron devices is a master volume on the mixer page (preferably that’s automatable). This would really help in leveling patterns across a single project/live set!

2 Likes

There is the pattern volume (at least on Syntakt and DN) which acts as a master volume setting per pattern on the mixer page.

2 Likes

it’s not just that haha, it’s a nifty feature as you can fill up your sequence with the right notes (without the actual triggers) and build the sequence by adding and removing triggers as you go.

yea those two requests might have been redundant :slight_smile: (slight smile :-))

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:Wait, seriously? How did I overlook that?

Checking the manual and I don’t see it on the mixer page. Will check on my ST after work but in the meantime where is it?

Yes, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t exist on ST.
I use it a lot on DN so it was one of the first things I looked for and was disappointed to discover it absent

1 Like

Hopefully it’s on the soon to be added master compressor page like the DT :slight_smile:

Pattern Volume!

1 Like

This was a learning curve for me going from beat step pro where nothing deletes unless you specifically tell it to delete (or you turn the device off). I think I have gotten used to Elektron’s method though, if it were changed you would need a new way to delete trigs or a new way to add blank/default trigs. I could see it being really powerful for performance, but I imagine it would confuse quite a few Elektronauts if the default functionality changed.

1 Like

Sorry, my mistake ! I was sure it exists on Syntakt

1 Like

This times 1000

1 Like