The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

You can “turn off” with FILL. I see what you mean, but Elektron sequencers always use track parameters as default. Otherwise it would mean that steps would memorize values, can be annoying too. It wouldn’t suit everyone.

Yellow trigs don’t trigger notes, but they change their value.

On the contrary, I’d like to be able to erase notes with NO + NOTE knob press in Live Recording mode, but instead it write default notes values !
IIRC Digitone do erase note values.

1 Like

One potential workaround is copying a trig before you delete it, then you could paste the trig back when you want to add it back.

1 Like

After using my Syntakt for about 2 months I came up with the following ideas that might be useful:

— A sequence/Trigger editor in Overbridge. --> simple piano roll / page view
— Automated Parameters visible as Animations, would be also helpful to see the real value (ranges)
— 2 more LFO / track and or meta LFO to change more parameters at once …
— Scales applied after modulations of tune (option) or even better automated notes within a scale – then we could stille tune to add some variation on top …
— Master compressor
— Arpeggiator
— Preview sounds on the fly on a certain track while playing …
— clear menu for single tracks and for everything where you select what you want to clear (menu with checkboxes to customise: all/plocks/slocks/keep notes/etc.)
— MIDI loopback trick could be a native feature: use one track as meta track to control other tracks … sure works with a cable, but could probably be done also internally …
—if we scroll through sounds in the sound browser instead of keeping func + yes and arrow up/down would be good to have a way to hold func + yes and just run through the sounds with arrows up/down. instead of flipping yes + arrow all the time … (its a bit annoying)

Additions:
— Sound locks in different colors than Parameter locks
— Enable/Disable Trigger without reset but reseat with a key-combination
— Save/Reload Tracks would be nice
— Sound Kits on Project Level? With save, export, etc.

How is this different from FUNC + PLAY/CLEAR when in record mode for a certain track?

I have not figured out that - in general no clear reference on how clear works on the manual, so thanks! On the other hand given that it requires a key combination on a specific state its very easy to mess - up. Clear should have be implemented on a different way…

1 Like

My list coming from a SQ64 based environment for improvising for a performance:

• Arpegiator
  • Transpose feature that does not work only for octaves
  • Most importantly: Track based sequencing save and load instead of pattern based. I would love to store and recall individual tracks and not a whole pattern. IMO its pretty unusable and does not make any sense saving and loading loading at the pattern level.
  • voting for “I want to be able to edit a pattern and be able to disable a note and re-enable it and still have the same note value.” - it really makes no sense from a performance perspective to reset to the default - off course there is a work around (set probability to 0% or velocity to 1 but…)
    voting for Retrig on MIDI tracks
3 Likes

A request I thought about when playing on the Syntakt, but I’m sure it actually applies to the other devices is :
The possibility of controling externally, using MIDI CC or automation via Overbridge, the Probability parameter.
(As I can understand it’s not possible via an internal LFO)

2 Likes

you are right, i didnt know this! couldnt find it. but might be nice if you would have options what it deletes. for example only plocks, or sound-locks …

^^ changed my feature request list

1. Master Tuning

2. Arpeggiator

3. Multi-Band Master Compressor

4. Digital polyphony OR better VA type waveforms for Chord Machine

5. Ability to assign analog and digital engines to any of the buttons instead of having dedicated analog and digital rows of buttons. I would like a permanent place of my choice for kick drums, bass lines, etc. whether they are analog or digital so I can build muscle memory.

Thanks for reading, Elektron. Merry Christmas and Happy Solstice and so on!

4 Likes

100%. I was shocked to find out this isn’t just how it works. I’m still kind of in disbelief.

4 Likes

Midi CC naming and saving, definitely.

I had the Squarp Pyramid and it uses a system they called “definition files” which basically allowed users to create a database (very simple text docs) of gear and respective CC. You would just have to load the appropriate definition file (text doc) into the Pyramid (via SD card) and it would map and name all the CC values (and midi channels) and you would be ready to go.

If we can dream I would go further and request for the Midi machines the ability to pick the CC-parameter name from a list and it would load with associated parameter animation.

6 Likes

Oh, and one more thing…

Midi sub-machines/presets.

For example, I setup a Midi machine to work with a particular piece of external gear – say, a Hydrasynth --, I can map the CC values I want and channel, I can name it “HYDRA” and any time I want to use the Hydrasynth I can just load the HYDRA midi machine.

The Squarp Pyrmaid has a similar approach which is VERY useful. Squarp calls it midi “definition files”:

8 Likes

get an RK002 cable and check out my post on Polymux the Syntakt with x8 synth voices incl sounds examples

Polychaining engines together within the Syntakt. It can already be done when controlling the Syntakt via ableton. This would take the Syntakt to a whole extremely cool level imho.

2 Likes

I would really appreciate an Arpeggiator and also the option to send it via midi.

Velocity sensitivity for the keys would also be very nice.

2 Likes

Would be awesome to have sound slot as a target for the LFO (and a lockable parameter I guess). Not sure if it’s feasible due to the combo of analogue and digital sounds in one list but it would be interesting.

1 Like

I know it’s been said many times before, but I really want better hats on the digital channels. The analog hat is pretty good, but it’s just one track. I struggle to make the digital hats sound good!

6 Likes

Song Mode Addition:

The ability to set a start point and an end point for the pattern. Currently only supporting length and every pattern starts on the one.

This could allow you to have multiple patterns within the one pattern.

1-16
1-32
1-48
1-64
33-48
33-64
49-64
… and everything in between including just a singular note / measure. This would supercharge song mode and remove the needless duplication and editing of extra patterns to achieve similar results.

4 Likes

Is there an accepted work-around for the preroll start-trigger issue? Really bugs me…

I just found this excerpt from the A4 manual but haven’t been able to test it yet